The Microsoft Intune team is focused on enabling enterprises to manage and secure the ever-increasing number and usage of devices in the workplace. Intune is a cloud-based enterprise service that gives IT professionals the solution they need to enable their users to be productive on their devices – whether corporate or personal – while helping ensure corporate assets and data are secure. The Intune service supports multiple platforms (Windows, iOS, Android, and Mac), and integrates with key online services at Microsoft – including O365, AAD, and Azure. The opportunity to help our customers and be seen as the leader in the multi-billion dollar mobility management market is huge – and critical to Microsoft’s ongoing success in the enterprise.
Being successful in the cloud requires earning and maintaining the trust of our customers – both IT Pros and end users. As an online service, privacy, security, and compliance must be cornerstones of everything we do. The Intune team is looking for a highly motivated individual who is passionate about privacy and user experience. This role is responsible for Intune’s overall privacy practices, governance processes, and initiatives to ensure we are a leader in privacy and deliver on our customers’ expectations. As part of this work, the role requires working very closely with software engineering peers to make sure privacy is designed into the service from the start, as well as with partners in CELA, Azure Ecosystem, and the Microsoft-wide privacy community to ensure we are compliant with corporate, industry, and government requirements.
• Develop and maintain systems, tools and processes to ensure compliance with privacy policies, controls, and standards.
• Drive cross-org coordination, risk knowledge and awareness, and leadership visibility to privacy compliance impact and requirements.
• Perform privacy deep-dive reviews for features and components of the service, providing subject matter expertise to engineering teams
• Lead various privacy audit programs, internal audits and regulatory assessments (including GDPR)
• Maintain clear documentation and evidence of privacy compliance across the organization
• Ensure a well-defined privacy incident and escalation process is in place and understood across the organization. Investigate and resolve privacy incidents related to customer personal data; drive remediation activities
• Drive privacy training and awareness initiatives across the organization
• Keep current on business practices, technology, privacy issues and legislation that impact our privacy stance and commitments
• Understand the competitive landscape and provide proactive privacy guidance to feature teams
• Assist Intune compliance team with other security, compliance, and risk management workloads as needed
• 7+ years’ program management experience, including demonstrated knowledge and experience of engineering processes and their challenges and opportunities related to compliance
• Experience in large enterprise or consumer privacy programs, including performing privacy reviews.
• Deep understanding of current global privacy regulation – such as EU and Global localization, data privacy and consumer protection laws
• Experience implementing and tracking policies and procedures, control standards, and operational practices for compliance.
• Technical depth – including ability to quickly come up to speed on new technologies or patterns – to successfully engage and communicate directly with software engineering teams in assessing privacy risk of backend services, platform services, APIs, stored procedures, etc.
• Exemplary interpersonal verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to assemble, document, and present technical information and status to leadership.
• Proven program management skills to cover multiple projects/demands simultaneously
• Experience and knowledge with compliance and regulatory frameworks, such as GDPR, ISO 27001, SOC 1 and 2, FedRAMP, NIST
• Outstanding cross-group collaboration skills and proven ability to drive initiatives across organizations
• IAPP participant and/or various privacy certifications are a strong plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.