The Xbox team is at the forefront of ensuring the games that ship on Microsoft platforms are the best in the industry. We empower, accelerate, and partner with the industry’s best creators to create industry-defining games across all of our platforms.
The team is at the heart of Microsoft’s efforts to make games on our platforms the best they possibly can be.
We are on the leading edge of games development at Microsoft through tight coordination with both internal and external partners. Are you a skilled navigator, communicator, and program manager? Are you passionate about bringing real strategy to internal messaging?
Would you enjoy implementing a framework that builds employee engagement, excitement and deep understanding of business strategy? Are you interested in working on world-class technical challenges, applied to the fun world of gaming? Do you want to work with a group of passionate, fun people on unleashing an engaging communications environment that keeps people informed and enables success?
Then this role might be the opportunity you are looking for.
Our team is looking for a unique individual that will drive communications initiatives throughout our organization! This role is a critical connection point across a large, global team of passionate engineers that deliver our extensive product portfolio. If you enjoy interacting with a variety of teams and technologies, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with amazing impact and are a great storyteller that wants to be part of an organizational transformation, we’d like to talk to you.
• Bring thought leadership and communication framework execution for internal communication plans, spanning Team Xbox and our entire gaming business.
This framework will disseminate information on hot engineering topics, new developments in gaming, innovations in devices, culture news and press highlights for the division. Determine the cadence of that communication and the best online vehicle for delivery with measurable results to drive constant improvements.
• Coordinate information and content sharing in accordance with the established overarching communications strategy.
• Manage internal Teams sites to drive employee engagement.
• Leverage Yammer and other tools to keep things live and authentic.
• Support logistics and communication initiatives for internal events, as well as drive the creation of employee communication outputs. These could be fun video highlight reels, written recaps and news highlights. Develop these quickly as digestible bites for employee that help build the culture of creativity and innovation.
• Track the progress of these communications programs through reporting and survey telemetry, calculate the ROI of the programs, and make portfolio amendment recommendations.
• Coordinate and communicate with executive maturity with the highest executive levels.
You are a great fit for this role if you:
• Have a passion for technology - We need someone with serious technical passion and curiosity to engage with all Xbox employees, and to evaluate new platforms and technology for internal communications delivery.
• Can go broad - There is a LOT of ground to cover in this space, and topics could be wide ranging. A strong sense of curiosity (and adventure) is helpful.
• Can also love details - You will aggregate relevant, and often highly technical, information from across Xbox and curate/evangelize the most important and timely content out to employees.
• Have a knack for storytelling - Sourcing and morphing raw content into engaging communications
• Embrace collaboration - One of the attributes that makes this role so unique is the opportunity to truly work throughout the org, from early-in-career employees to EVP levels and everyone in-between.
• Bring your Growth Mindset - Create your own charter. Follow your gut. Test new ideas. See what sticks and why. Double down on the good, nix the bad. You got this!
• 5+ years project management, project coordination, communications, public relations, marketing or executive communications experience
• Demonstrable experience driving communications delivery via video
• Exceptional project/program management skills
• Business maturity, confidentiality and experience working with senior executives
• Good eye for graphic design and multi-media video production experience
• Great attention to detail and accuracy in all communications deliverables
• High levels of discretion; an ability to pause prior to reacting
• Strong cross-group collaboration skills and ability to drive coordination across all levels and stakeholders
• Ability to manage multiple communication projects simultaneously and drive strong work-back plans
• Thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and able to adapt plans and approach real-time.
• BA/BS in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Business, or related discipline is preferred, but relevant experience is more critical.
• Strong knowledge of the Xbox product portfolio, and an understanding of the gaming industry is helpful. If you’re missing that, you should be willing to immerse yourself in research!
• Experience crafting executive communications and/or producing video is helpful, but not required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.