Senior Programmer, Early Clinical Development
, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.Description:
As the Senior Programmer Lead in Early Clinical Development you will be accountable for the quality of elements of project programming work and for Good Information Practice. In this role, you will lead and direct elements of project work.Typical Accountabilities:
- Apply computer science and information technology methods to provide the technical components that support analysis, reporting, decision-making process, regulatory submissions, commercialisation and scientific utilisation data for AZ products.
- Provide leadership to the delivery of components of technical programming and information for a project.
- Produce and maintain the technical database standards and Programming Specification documents
- Contribute to the provision of technical consulting expertise to external partners in relation to the specification and delivery of the SDTM and RDB databases by these partners.
- Lead aspects of the regulatory submissions including specification and delivery of overview databases, outputs and response to regulatory questions under guidance
- Identify opportunities to improve the methodology and provide practical solutions for problems
- Contribute to the development of best practice to improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness
- Leadership Capabilities @ Level 2
- BSc in Mathematical, Statistical, Computer Science or Life Science
- Extensive SAS programming experience
- Knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements related to the role
- Knowledge of CDASH/SDTM/ADaM CDISC standard
- Communication skills
- Collaboration required
- Ability to apply programming expertise to problems, problem solving and quality focus
- Other programming languages e.g. S-PLUS, R etc.
is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity. Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.