Senior Project Coordinator – Global Communications Operations
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 171604BR
We believe that technology is essential to driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
The Global Communications team is responsible for promoting, protecting and enhancing the Dell reputation with internal and external influencers and stakeholders using a multiple communication vehicles as required for maximum impact.
This individual will provide operational support to the Global Communications team, and administrative support to senior leaders in the organization. Must possess a high level of ability to manage administrative details using initiative and judgment. Should be comfortable working with all levels of executives, and managing details in a complex environment. The ideal candidate exhibits a high degree of professionalism and an ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. Demonstrates knowledge of Dell’s organization, policies and practices.
**Principle Duties and Responsibilities**
• Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements for multiple executives.
• Regularly handles confidential material and information and exercises discretion in doing so
• Assists with department all-hands meetings and teambuilding activities
• Coordinates complex meeting planning – working with outside partners and vendors ranging across various time zones, including internationally
• Manages on-boarding of new team members and contractors
• Responsible for administration of financial operations, including procurement tool and purchasing practices
• Assists in maintaining accurate budgets and forecasts
• Submits press releases to Businesswire as needed
• Uses professional concepts, sound judgment and company policies and procedures to solve routine problems
• This position must be located in Round Rock, TX (Austin-area)
**Skills & Qualifications**
• 1 to 3 years experience in administrative or related field; demonstrated experience in supporting individuals in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
• Experienced in domestic and international travel arrangements and reporting
• Ability to prioritize work assignments, make decisions and seek direction as needed
• Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• Service-centric attitude with provide ability to anticipate needs and handle each situation with diplomacy and discretion
• Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside partners and vendors
• Possess a flexible, enthusiastic and proactive demeanor with a hands-on, detail-oriented work ethic
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must be capable of working with a team, as well as with a great deal of autonomy
• Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
• Ability to effectively cope with change and follow tasks and projects through to completion
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
Administrative Services & Operations
100 - EMC CORPORATE
US - Texas - Austin