Airgas Inc., an Air Liquide company, is one of the country's largest supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases . As the leading U.S. distributor, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Project management and engineering support of large scale internal and customer projects from the conceptual stages through planning, engineering, procurement, construction, and start-up independently - functioning as lead
- Engineered Systems sales proposal preparation, presentations, and project scope identification based on technical and commercial specifications provided by potential customers
- Maintain budgets and schedules and take action to assure project objectives and schedules are met and work is performed within budget
- Field construction management
- Provide engineering expertise and ammonia specific expertise to Field Operations personnel, Field Sales personnel and customers
- Maintain engineering and safety documentation and complete customer documentation requests, including creation and/or modification of AutoCAD drawings
- Implement Company environmental requirements and procedures
- Conduct ammonia safety and technical training for internal and external customers
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis meetings as the ammonia technical expert
- Serve as a mentor to junior engineers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Engineering degree - minimum B.S. - preferably in Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, or Environmental Engineering
- 8-15 years experience in an engineering project management position
- Industrial chemical experience, including specific experience with ammonia
- Environmental engineering experience desirable
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office software
- Must be proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Microsoft Project
- Excellent communication skills required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to talk, hear, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
- Travel - driving and airline flights - estimated 40 - 50% of time
- Must be capable of wearing a chemical respirator if necessary
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more! Qualifications:
- Office environment
- Industrial Chemical Plants - Process Equipment, piping, chemicals
- Industrial Construction Sites - In progress construction sites with construction equipment and partially completed structures
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.