Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Project Engineer to be based in Fort Washington, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Senior Project Engineer will:
- Provide technical leadership and engineering support to the manufacturing plant.
- Be responsible for managing and delivering engineering projects from concept to post implementation including developing project scope, user requirements, appropriation requests, time-lines and budgets, qualification plans, approving equipment specifications and documentation to meet current company, corporate and government requirements.
- Manage the purchase, installation and start-up of equipment and systems including adherence to compliance, cost and time schedule requirements.
- Manages all tasks based on the responsibilities for project phases (Concept, Planning, Design, Implementation and Post-Implementation). This person will also manage the project implementation team including external consultants and contractors. Accountable for achievement of project milestones.
- Provide technical support for engineering projects including equipment design and development, capital project execution, manufacturing technical support, new product introduction and process improvement initiatives with responsibility for assisting with project execution and site stakeholder alignment.
- Manages, plans and executes engineering assignments generally involving complex projects.
- Performs complex assignments often requiring development of new or improved products/processes/techniques.
- Tracks and trends data, identifies and implements process improvements to improve business measures. Optimizes current processes and manufacturing equipment to provide measurable improvements in step change, productivity, quality, cost, and safety results.
- Assess project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality and client satisfaction, goals and objectives.
- Prepares or approves technical memos, reports, analyzes and summarizes data, and recommends conclusions based on engineering/technical rationale. Reviews and approves reports and confirms conclusions are based on engineering/technical rationale.
- Responsible for the technical support for manufacturing trouble shooting and quality investigations. Participates in development of short and long term solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Conducts interdependent partnering with cross-functional peer group and management.
- Leads or participates as a technical team member or technical representative on cross functional teams.
- Reviews Commissioning and Qualification documentation such as plans, protocols and reports as required.
- Develops, delivers and maintains engineering project schedules, resources and budgets for assigned projects to meet project objectives on time and within budget.
- Prepares and leads review of project proposals, charters, project updates for assigned projects for management.
- Ability to solve problems of limited complexity and scope. Must be able to develop methodology to solve problems with the guidance of the supervisor.
- Provides technical direction to external resources (e.g. designers, suppliers, contractors, consultants).
- Effectively influence people, multiple projects and tasks of various complexities.
- May provide direction and mentorship to Co-ops and entry level engineers.
- Maintains training proficiency on cGMPS, SOP’s, testing procedures, and data analysis as required.
- Decisions made at this level are limited in scope and authority.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Works under general supervision.
- A Bachelor’s of Science degree in Engineering plus a minimum 4 years of related industry experience OR a Master’s Degree in Engineering plus a minimum of 2 years of related industry experience is required.
- Experience with a pharmaceutical or consumer products company is preferred.
- Relevant engineering, technical, and/or operations experience is required.
- Knowledge of cGMPs and Good Documentation Practices is required.
- Experience working in FDA/cGMP compliance environment is preferred.
- Knowledge in commissioning, qualification and validation are required.
- Project Management Skills are required.
- Process Excellence and Problem solving knowledge is preferred.
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills are required.
- Experience with word processing programs (e.g. WORD), spreadsheet applications (e.g. EXCEL), project application (e.g. PROJECT) and presentation applications (e.g. POWER POINT) is required.
- Knowledge in statistical analysis with familiarity in statistical software (e.g. Minitab, etc.) is preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt and/or Black certification is preferred.
- This position is based in Fort Washington, PA and may require up to 10% travel both domestic and international.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort WashingtonOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function