Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
MetLife’s projects span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique implementation challenges we face daily. As a Project Manager you will have a grounded understanding of project and program management principles, preferably through direct project experience. You will be versed in risk management and escalate issues and anticipate project specific risks to ensure timely and on-budget implementations. You’re excellent at communicating to all levels and are comfortable explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing technical estimates with application developers. The Project Manager will play an integral role in MetLife’s strategic data management programs.
• Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project status
• Builds and maintains working relationships with team, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects.
• Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
• Working closely with technical teams to develop and track release milestones and schedules.
• Identifies and coordinates heavy interdependencies to ensure timing and alignment of releases, hardware, and resources.
• Ensures communication, coordination of activities, and issue resolution amongst core team members, senior management and other stakeholders.
• 10+ years related work experience in project management
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills, understands what it takes to deliver software with exposure to large-scale systems
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical abilities
• Familiar with a variety of the IT concepts, practices, and procedures. Agile/Lean familiarity or experience a plus.
• Issue, risk and change management
• Adept at working with distributed, global teams. Contributes to a culture of innovation, collaboration, and partnership with a willingness to proactively coach, facilitate, share knowledge, and be the role model and advocate for a changing technology organization.
• Manages focused project recovery activities including quick situational analysis, needs assessment, and hands-on collaboration
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 44322