Act2 is MetLife’s ten‐week paid internship program to help experienced professionals re‐enter the workforce after an extended break (18 months or more). At MetLife we know our success depends on attracting, developing and retaining a diverse mix of people who can bring different perspectives and life experiences to help us innovate for our customers and drive our business forward. This is an opportunity to reignite your professional career in a diverse, supportive and exciting environment.
All roles offered through Act2 are existing vacancies at MetLife, so you may have the opportunity to permanently join the team upon successful completion of the program. Reentering the workforce after an extended period of time can be daunting, but we believe in succeeding together and you will be surrounded by a network of leaders, mentors and colleagues to support your progress.
Job Location: Cary, NC, USA
MetLife’s projects span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique implementation challenges we face daily. As a Senior IT Project Lead II, you will lead the implementation of medium to large size projects with budgets upwards of $3 million. The Sr. IT Project Lead II is responsible for assembling required project resources, managing the scope of the various projects, escalating issues and anticipating project specific risks to ensure timely and on-budget implementations. The Sr. Project Lead II will also conduct project review meetings, develop documentation deliverables, document project status and support the resolution of open issues.
· Works independently, manages and oversees the full system development process for projects / programs that are of medium to large size, duration and complexity and turnover to production
· Develops and manages project plans, work process investment plan, demand and project staging plans with business partners and shared services
· Leads and manages IT program teams (virtual, matrix) and applies program and project management processes (including managing stakeholder expectations, communications, Clarity status reporting, Clarity budget management, schedule management, performance reporting, etc.).
· Owns Project / program issue resolution and risk management.
· Manages focused project recovery activities including quick situational analysis, needs assessment, and hands-on collaboration to bring in distressed projects and teams back on track.
· Builds and maintains effective on-going communications and relationships between the IT project team and management to ensure that the IT project is completed in a manner that satisfies project objectives.
· Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project planning, tracking and analysis.
· Assists in developing vendor SOW, deliverables and SLA and review of work product.
· Ensures vendor performance and that deliverables meet contract specifications and SLAs.
· Follows MetLife’s approved SDLC and project management methodology, ensuring that all required steps are followed, all required deliverables are produced, all approvals are obtained and projects are delivered on time and within established budget
10% - may include domestic and/or international travel
Global Technology and Operations – Global Operations IT Strategy
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 49161