Are you a seasoned Sr Marketing Communications / Project Manager with an entrepreneurial spirit who can roll up their sleeves and create focus across various teams? Are you a change maker who thinks about new businesses in an entrepreneurial way, who likes creative thinking and collaboration and is highly motivated and ready to be challenged? We’re fun. We’re social. We’re interactive. And, we’re looking for a passionate, high-energy individual to join us!
As a Sr Project Manager, the focus will be on managing multiple marketing communication projects with numerous integrated deliverables for the Office Creative Studio (OCS). The candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of end-to-end project management that entails managing and working with creative teams, agencies, and partners to operate at scale and efficiency. This will should have expertise in integrated marketing, building partnerships and creating processes from the ground up. Additionally, this candidate will help structure the team to effectively handle the workload to meet deadlines and determine resources needed to support the demand. The candidate will be the main point of contact for partners for OCS projects across the broader Office Business and the Office Brand to bridge the teams to achieve business goals.
To be successful in this role, this candidate must have effective communication skills and collaborate well with multiple teams, including executive leadership. Additionally, the candidate must have ability to seamlessly flex between overseeing multiple projects, developing schedules, key milestones, and trafficking deliverables. A strong understanding of creative teams and process will be crucial and experience in a range of mediums will be key. The candidate will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, developing and implementing processes, as well as interfacing with internal teams and external agencies.
This role requires the ability to drive vision, strategy and specific projects to streamline processes and automate tasks to improve the teams’ efficiency and effectiveness. The ideal candidate will be proactive with the ability to strategically think, and problem solve to best support the project management team, as well as key partners. Additionally, this candidate will have demonstrated success in overseeing and managing creative teams, identified and solved for competing priorities, and analyzed timelines to streamline deliverables. The candidate in this role will design and build processes and forums where both internal and external partners funnel through a governance forum, and experiments are measured for impact on customer and business metrics.
• A key success factor is cross-team connection and influence
• Collaborate cross-functionally with the OCS Team and Studio Manager to help optimize the end-to-end processes as related to project management, and develop systems to support efficient, sustainable and automated deployments
• Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels
• Experience in digital marketing and content production timelines and process
• Experience in owning projects from start to finish and delivering results
• 8+ years of experience as a project manager/producer in a creative agency or similar experience
• Bachelor's degree in business or related field required
• Able to navigate somewhat ambiguous situations, identify and solve for blockers, and know when to escalate to keep the project moving forward
• Experience in integrated content production
• Expertise in all Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Understanding of Localization process and timelines
• History of managing teams, teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and anticipate and make tradeoffs to balance the business needs versus creative constraints
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Knowledge and proficiency with Project Management tools
• Knowledge of video or photo shoot details and production timelines desired
• Knowledge of motion graphics and post production workflows
• Knowledge of Adobe design programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
• Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with creative team members, media leads and senior leadership
• Must have 8+ years of advertising and campaign development experience.
• Must initiate strategic thinking to projects and programs you’re overseeing.
• Proven ability to work effectively with senior executives.
• Must be nimble enough to negotiate with multiple stakeholders, be able to defend work, and also know when to accept direction.
• Must be a strong team leader, collaborator and manager, including vendors and agencies.
• Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills while working with all levels within the company and demonstrate the ability to get things done within Microsoft.
• Must be detail and process oriented, and effective at influencing without authority and driving work through others
• A strong drive for results, with a proven track record, often delivering under tight deadlines
• Strong self-motivation and drive to deliver customer and business impact
• Budget management experience and the ability to manage large scale production budgets across multiple products and timelines.
• The ability to creatively resolve issues, understanding business constraints of resources, budgets, and timelines, while remaining adaptable and flexible.
• Experience in strategy development, while bringing objectivity and “common sense” judgment.
• Organizational agility and strong stakeholder management and cross-group collaboration skills will be critical to success, with demonstrated ability to execute through an influence model.
• The candidate must have excellent problem-solving skills, think about things in an entrepreneurial way, strong process and coordination skills, and must demonstrate initiative and a strong willingness to roll-up their sleeves to make things happen.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.