At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
- Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase
- Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
- Named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" since 2010
- 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission's list of top performers on key quality measures
Serves as project management subject matter expert for an HCA division and actively supports the successful execution of division projects to meet the division business objectives; manages the day-to-day activities of assigned division projects; performs resource and portfolio management analysis to assist the DIS/CIO in making project prioritization and workload decisions; facilitates the project governance process; maintains ITSC Project Mgmt. alignment, expertise, and competencies across the division; supports and uses HCA Project Mgmt. methodologies and tools as appropriate. Will serve as single point of contact for complex HCA enterprise deployments and will work closely with enterprise project managers in these deployments. Responsible for managing IT projects of medium to significant complexity and may manage projects with significant interdependencies with active projects or existing systems; may be required to manage and track interrelated projects as programs. In a division with multiple project managers, may be responsible for mentoring and/or training new project managers. DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO Project Structuring:
- Managing and communicating a clear vision of the division projects objectives, and motivating the team members
- Understanding and communicating the definition of completion criteria (what constitutes 'done')
- Organizing the activities into manageable work packages for division and facility team members and determining an effective approach to completing the work
- Resource coordination for corporate IT&S deployments
- Project Planning:
- Ensuring that appropriate timing, resources, and sequencing of the work efforts are aligned to produce the desired result within a given period of time
- Support Division CIO in scheduling and prioritizing workload given resource constraints.
- Managing relationships to accomplish the activities
- Manage Division and Enterprise deployment project schedules to minimize intra-project resource conflict and facility activity conflict
- Communication of enterprise project schedule updates back to corporate IT&S Project Manager
- Project Management, Controlling & Reporting Status:
- Maintaining assertiveness to achieve goals as quickly as possible
- Monitoring project activities and reporting on status utilizing HCA standard reporting processes and tools
- Identifying potential scope changes
- Reviewing quality of work and managing integration of team members' work
- Identifying and managing risks and issues
- Coaching those working on activities to clarify assignments and deliverables
- Project Close:
- Documenting and analyzing lessons learned and sharing with others
- Validating the completion of project documentation and relevant knowledge bases
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely.
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and project management software, such as Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Workbench, and CA Clarity.
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred.
- Three to seven years experience
- Seven or more years in an IT environment (with project and personnel management experience)
- A certification in project management is highly desired.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom