-Direct and manage multiple, simultaneous, complex projects from beginning to end.
-Work on and/or responsible for a significant number of cross-functional and highly complex business analysis, project management and general management tasks.
-Define and document project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
-Manage the identification, resolution and escalation of project risks and issues.
-Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
-Create project-based communications (i.e., minutes, status, and informational materials) and distribute information as appropriate.
-Drive definition of next steps and solutions with other PMs, IT, business owners and management when issues arise.
-Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
-Personally and proactively deliver difficult/urgent/controversial messages to key stakeholders before mass communication is distributed.
-Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
-Adhere and drives adherence to NetSpend methodology and key deliverables for prioritization and code releases.
-Develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with immediate team members.
-Develop and sustain a network of working relationships outside of immediate team members with thought-leaders in the company.
-Lead proactively and passionately while practicing and fostering respectful interaction, transparency and accountability.
-Identify personal career goals and work with management to achieve them.
• 5+ years of experience managing and successfully delivering mission critical projects.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or Information Technology preferred.
• Intermediate level capability and understanding of project management and planning.
• Intermediate facilitation, collaboration, communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to influence and motivate others.
• Customer focus, organizational agility and drive for results.
• Ability to train others on utilizing standard and newly created processes.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Experience managing and delivering multiple, simultaneous, complex projects.
• Experience operating in fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Comfortable wearing many hats and allowing the job description to fluctuate when needed.
• Proficient with MS Office Tools (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio).
• PMI (Project Management Institute) certified PMP (project management professional) preferred.
• Ability to work overnight 3 to 4 times a year.
• Knowledge of financial services industry a plus.
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.