Project ManagementJob Description
This position will support the Repatha Insights and Brand Platform Team (IBPT).
The Senior Program Manager drives the development and manages the execution of high quality, global, integrated cross-functional project plans in support of the overall program strategy for assigned teams / sub-teams. He/she will apply project management best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects. Responsible for partnering with functional leads to develop high quality, integrated, cross-functional plans for cross-functional sub-teams that are aligned with the overall program strategy by:
- Identifying key deliverables for each function and their inter-dependencies
- Ensuring cross-functional alignment and accountability
- Identifying project issues or resource gaps and facilitating resolution
- Driving decision making according to DAI ( Amgen Decision Making Framework)
- Monitoring and communicating progress and adherence to timelines Facilitating resource planning, financial and capacity assessments
- Conducting the risk management and scenario planning according to Amgen's Decision Framework (DAI)
- Driving the development of contingency and/or risk mitigation plans
Managing the effectiveness of the sub-teams by:
- Documenting issues, decisions and action items of functional sub-teams and ad hoc project team meetings
- Escalating cross-functional project issues to GPM or cross-functional sub-team leader, as appropriate Implementing decisions from governance / review boards, PT and/or TA Heads (in conjunction with GPM/Sub-Team Lead)
- Coordinating activities with external business partners and alliances, where applicable; contributing to partnership contract deliverables
- Partnering with GPM/ Sub-team Lead to develop Review Board and/or TA Review deliverables and creating management reports
Driving the communication plans for cross-functional sub-teams by:
- Serving as a single point of contact for managing cross-functional sub-team information (content and quality)
- Providing cross-functional project information to GPM/Sub-Team Lead for incorporation into commercialization deliverables and program timelines
- Providing cross-functional project information at functional sub-team meetings and to other stakeholders, as appropriate Managing sub-team communication across functions and regions
- Leading and/or participating in special department, cross-functional, or team projects Applying best practice project management to Amgen's global commercialization process
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Project Management experience
OR Master's degree and 4 years of Project Management experience
OR Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Project Management experience
OR Associate's degree and 10 years of Project Management experience
OR High School diploma / GED and 12 years of Project Management experience
Advanced degree or strong demonstration of equivalent combination of relevant educational and professional training Experience in leading cross-functional teams
Eight+ years industry experience in the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, or other Healthcare-related field
Four+ years experience in a drug development Project Management role Drug Development knowledge with basic to strong understanding of other functions relevant to the position which may include: Research, Preclinical, Clinical, Manufacturing, Commercial and Regulatory Utilization of Project Management tools, methodologies, practices and infrastructure, as related to the Biopharmaceutical Industry.
Previous experience supporting Commercial teams. Join Us If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Amgen values the leadership, skills and passion for serving that veterans exemplify and our constant commitment to hiring the best starts here.