Responsible for managing projects, to include interfacing with field management staff, installation of systems and equipment, work scheduling by equipment supplier, testing and monitoring equipment, and training of employees on systems. Uses their past experience to mentor other distribution engineers, site industrial engineers and engineer in training. Manages development, implementation, and coordination of large projects. Budget responsibility of large projects is in the multimillion dollar range with guidance from department management. Maintains responsibility for return on investment analysis, and ensures that proposed systems are meeting designed goals. Reviews building and equipment design to ensure integration between different components and reduce last minute conflicts. Develops alternative solutions to eliminate conflicts and reduce costs. Experienced in leading cross functional teams in project development and process improvements. Job Responsibilities
- Manages large projects through schedule review, financial analysis and design/status meetings.
- Conducts on site review of system functionality and performance.
- Executes annual capital budget including development of cost justifications.
- Meets with vendors as part of equipment procurement process and system design.
- Coordinates with field management staff on project implementation and priorities.
- Collaborates cross divisionally to align and achieve project objectives.
- Negotiates and reviews of pending contracts.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering and at least 5 years of experience using a Manufacturing, Pharmacy or Distribution material handling systems OR High School/GED and at least 7 years of experience using a Manufacturing, Pharmacy or Distribution material handling systems.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience developing facility designs and solutions to efficiency and operational problems.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 1 year of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA/Master's Degree.
- APICS CSCP Certification.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.