The Project Manager is accountable for the overall Program of Project deliveries and progress with the Client. Overseeing the Oracle Program to be able to initiate appropriate changes in Project priorities and resourcing to meet the requirements of the Client and maintain profitable Project delivery for Oracle. The following are the responsibilities of the Program Manager: Requirements:
Reporting Lines and Relationships:
- 5 years Project Management experience
- 5 years project planning experience
- Prepare & evaluate technical proposals
- Conduct feasibility studies & financial analyses of build projects
- LOCAL TO COLUMBIA, MD
- ABILITY TO TRAVEL UP TO 80%
- PMP certified
- Hospitality experience HIGHLY PREFERRED
- The lead Oracle Project governing role, accountable for all Oracle Project delivery, owning the relationship and managing expectations and perceptions with the Client sponsors and program stakeholders to represent the Oracle Program and act as a point of escalation for component Oracle Projects.
- Reports to the Oracle Account Executive Sponsor and Executive Steering Committee.
- Leads/manages the Oracle Program Management Office (PMO) assigned for the Client delivery.
- Provides leadership, consultative guidance, and mentoring to Oracle Project Managers (matrixed from their home delivery organization).
- Manages Oracle and other third-party relationships and contracts.
- Define and maintain the Account 'Power Map' based on the Stakeholder Analysis of key Client contacts to map the relationships, disposition towards Oracle and levels of influence, decision making and purchasing power.
- Define and manage the Oracle internal governance for delivering the Program, including the relationships between the Program Managers, Project Managers, Program PMO, GBU PMO and LOB Delivery / Account Management functions.
- Attends all Steering Committee meetings and represents the Program to the Executive Sponsors.
- Reviews escalated Project / Program issues and risks to lead the mitigation on items across the Program, and escalating those that require input from the Steering Committee.
- Prepares and manages communications to Executive Sponsors, Executive Steering Committee and other leadership forums.
Program Work Management
- Provides a consistent disciplined approach to Project Management across the Program ensuring Oracle delivery in line with OUM and GSOPs.
- Coordinates and manages interdependencies of concurrent related Project and Program activities.
- Financial Management
- Assists Executive Sponsor and Executive Steering Committee with setting Program level budgets and forecasts.
- Defines and agrees tolerances for managing Program level budget and forecasts as rolled up from the Projects.
- Ensures that the Program has a documented Program Management Plan and that each Project has its Project Management Plan in place, ensuring each is being executed for the overall success of the Program.
- Develop and maintain the Program rolled up schedule of work activity reflecting the key milestones from the component Projects and ensuring that the Project Managers are maintaining detailed plans for their respective Projects.
- Supports the Project Managers in focusing on Budget, Scope, Schedule, and Resource Management acting as a point of escalation as required.
- Reviews and approves changes in Projects scope within pre-determined criteria and manages change request orders for items outside of pre-determined criteria with the Executive Sponsors.
- Provides a consultation point for Project level communications and provides Program level communications both internally to Oracle and externally to the Client.
- Ensures that Program level integration is addressed across the Oracle Projects and functional teams / work streams within the Projects.
- Coordinates and manages interdependencies of concurrent related work streams/activities across the Program.
- Ensures that collaboration, inclusion and teaming occur throughout the Program.
- Reporting and Quality
- Develops and maintains metrics for Program status reporting, as rolled up from the Projects to include progress against budget and schedule and attainment towards quality management.
- Collaborates with GRM to ensure as scheduled execution of Project and Program Healthchecks and maintains action plans for any required follow up.
As a recognized authority and leading contributor, this project management professional, provides consistent innovative and high quality solution leadership. Responsible for guiding the successful implementation of non-routine and complex business solutions ensuring high quality and timely delivery within budget to the customer's satisfaction.
Analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle's solution meets the customer's objectives by combining industry best practices and product knowledge. Effectively applies Oracle's methodologies and policies while adhering to contractual obligations, thereby minimizing Oracle's risk and exposure. Exercises judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques for effective project delivery on small to medium engagements. Provides direction and mentoring to project team. Effectively influences decisions at the management level of customer organizations. Ensures deliverables are acceptable and works closely with the customer to understand and manage project expectations. Supports business development efforts by pursuing new opportunities and extensions. Collaborates with the consulting sales team by providing domain credibility. Manages the scope of medium sized projects including the recovery of remedial projects.
8-10 years of experience relevant to this position. Prior project team leadership or management experience. Demonstrated ability to follow solid project management principles. Comfortable working in a matrix management environment. Strong communication skills to deal with internal stakeholders, customers, and vendors. Product, technology or industry expertise relevant to the portfolio focus. Selling skills preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Ability to travel as needed.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.