"At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers." Job Location
United States : Georgia : AtlantaAlternate Job Location
United States : California : Irvine || United States : Florida : Tampa || United States : Illinois : AuroraJob Description
- Provides high quality, professional proposal packages to sales partners by delivering timely, accurate, well-worded, concise, thorough and fully-developed responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Provides focused and accurate case-specific responses for inclusion in proposal packages by accessing question and answer databases, conducting research with product and functional experts, and scripting responses to inquiries.
- Contributes to the acquisition of new business by understanding exchange sales' strategies and providing proposal packages that support the strategies and client needs.
- Provides superior service to customers, brokers, and sales by supporting the significant role that a timely and well packaged proposal response plays in making exchange sales.
- Coordinates the preparation and delivery of information required from other internal areas to be used in proposal packages; ensure that delivery is timely and information provided is accurate and responsive to the customer needs.
- Protects MetLife's legal position by making sure all information in proposal packages accurately reflects current capabilities and complies with legal and regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Monitors exchange workflow, assigns new cases, and balances staffing and proficiency levels within the proposal function; plays a proactive role in identifying unique staffing needs and putting plans in place to handle work volumes during peak production times.
- Ensures proposal quality through assurance reviews; uses reviews to identify trends, training needs, and opportunities for improvement; provides input to management on skills and competencies of personnel.
- Participates in training programs; engages in the development of procedures and guidelines to enhance the exchange RFP process and communicates these internally.
- Engages with marketing, product and growth strategies to ensure proposal material and the database is accurate and up-to-date; works with marketing to maintain and update the database.
- Develops and maintains in-depth expertise in exchange model strategies and group products including new product introductions and non-traditional product areas such as voluntary benefits to serve as a proposal resource to the sales force and administrative units.
- Identifies and implements process changes to gain efficiencies and improve workflows; plays a lead role in piloting new processes and services related to our acquisition process; participates in project management groups.
- Provides critical resource support to the administrative units during peak seasons through involvement in interdisciplinary functions, including implementation of new business, account management, contract preparation and review, and underwriting.
- Assist Manager with quality reviews and mentor teammates on the RFP process.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time efficiently in order to meet client deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously; effectively handle multiple tasks, prioritize deadlines appropriately and remain flexible.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to influence and escalate as needed to ensure timely delivery of required materials
- BS/BA degree
- Strong project management skills including problem solving, attention to detail, analytical thinking and decisiveness.
SalesNumber of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 11M
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.