Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Senior Protection Application Engineer
Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate and motivated individual to assume the position of Protection Relay Application Engineer for our US Energy Automation Business located in Franklin, TN.
The engineer will provide technical support to internal and external customers applying our protective relay products and solutions in electric utility and industrial markets. Responsibilities
- Senior lead engineer for system protection, protective relays and their applications, control logic, settings, and testing
- Develop skills in protective relays and their applications, system protection, power systems, settings, and testing for our products.
- Help customers apply our products through the development training material, training, visits, demonstrations, and telephone contact.
- Contribute to market requirements, product specifications, application and testing software specifications, and product literature.
- Participate in marketing, industry technical meetings, and conferences
- Participate in sales activities, including identifying sales opportunities and technical support for quotation teams.
- Teach and lead in training classes for customers and our personnel.
- Maintain customer application and quality information, and develop industry relationships.
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree
- 10 years' experience in power systems, industry practices, system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings, and testing
- Demonstrated experience in system protection, protective relays and their applications, control logic, settings, and testing and industry practices
- Strong technical training and customer service skills
- Ability to direct daily work activities with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel up to 40% within the U.S. for customer and sales support, teaching, and attending conferences
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
**Position must be located in Nashville/Franklin, TN. Will provide Relocation**
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, with emphasis in system protection, protective relays and their applications, settings, and testing
- Proven experience in a specific application
- Experience using Schneider Electric products
If our recruiting team determines your background may be a good match for this position, we'll contact you directly regarding the next steps in the process.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. APPLY NOW
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled. It is the responsibility of each employee to inform your manager that you're applying for a new internal opportunity. If you are not selected for an interview, you will receive electronic notification; you are not guaranteed a call from the recruiting team.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.