The Senior QA Analyst, Officer will play a key role in the quality assurance of a suite of applications that supports our middle markets operating unit. We are looking for someone who has proven experience with automation of complex applications, and a focus on and commitment to automation. This role will be responsible for defining and maintaining an automated acceptance testing cycle that is common in an Agile process.Responsibilities:
- Work with users and developers to define new projects to extend and enhance the company's proprietary financial applications.
- Create test scenarios and implement automated functional test cases that will serve as acceptance test criteria for enhancements and new applications.
- Work closely with developers and quality assurance members to run test suites and research errors.
- Work with the support group to reproduce production problems and identify gaps in the regression test suite.
- Work with developers to utilize and extend custom test harnesses for applications.
- Find ways to enhance the testing process with new tools, strategies or techniques.
- Provide technical leadership to the QA team.
- 5+ years of experience with either Quick Test Pro or Silktest
- Experience with Java or Selenium to include an advanced ability to create objects and methods, and hand-coded test scripts using automated testing tools.
- Advanced ability to create objects and methods, and hand-coded test scripts using automated testing tools.
- Advanced knowledge of reusable coding patterns and object oriented paradigms as applied to automated testing tools.
- 1+ years' of experience in an iterative development environment using an iterative Agile-like methodology, with experience of delivering working software to production through the entire lifecycle.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- Intermediate to advanced UNIX knowledge including shell scripting.
- Strong understanding of source code control, specifically cvs or subversion
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot and diagnose issues within the quality assurance environment and communicate that knowledge to a varied audience of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience testing both client-server, and web based applications through one or more full life cycles of an application.
- Proven experience delivering multiple versions of one or more applications.
- Experience leading a team, including assigning project priorities, communicating QA status to other managers and mentoring less junior associates.
- Knowledge of financial securities and trading principles.
- Experience managing offshore resources.
- Team oriented attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree with concentration in Engineering, Business or Technology