Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. People use Splunk to answer difficult questions such as where infrastructure is failing, build deployment time optimization and capacity planning.
Splunk is seeking a talented Senior QA Engineer in our San Francisco office who is passionate about collaborating across engineering teams to ensure our software delivers value to customers. You will help develop and improve the QA technology stack to deliver high-quality products across multiple platforms, using multiple models: on-premise, SaaS, and mobile. You will contribute to our engineering toolset ecosystem and appropriately evangelize for good software engineering practice within the org to continuously improve speed, quality and scalability of our software.
- You will participate in design and architectural reviews and provide feedback on quality strategy, risks, testability, and technical debt
- You will investigate and review tools and technologies, making recommendations to improve the overall productivity of the team
- You will freely share technical knowledge and experience with your peers and provide mentorship for less senior team members
- You will drive test and debug process for multiple components
- You will develop test configurations, scenarios, and environments
- You will help with defect triage and consult on test automation gaps
- You will author and automate test plans and test specifications
- A strong focus on business outcomes and delighting customers
- Solid knowledge and understanding of QA methodology, testing techniques and approaches and automation test framework design
- Experience with container and orchestration technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in troubleshooting CI CD issues on Jenkins or similar
- Strong ability to code and script on *NIX
- Experience with system configuration management application deployment tools: Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Detailed knowledge of at least one test framework, such as Pytest, NUnit, JUnit or Selenium WebDriver
- Experience with at least one cloud vendor: Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, MS Azure, Open Stack, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with Python, JVM, Scala or C++
- 5+ years in SCM experience, Release Engineering using Git
- Proven foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in operating systems, computer networks, data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking a task and delivering on it without lots of management
- Experience with SaaS deployment; Manage, deploy and support multiple concurrent releases through various test environment
- Experience with virtual environments such as VMware or Virtualbox
- Experience with testing non functional requirements, especially performance, scalability, security
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.