We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
As a Senior QA Manager-IT, supporting Service Operations, you will be responsible for developing and applying appropriate quality procedures to ensure IT projects and services meet their business requirements. Additionally, you will recommend and implement an appropriate QA testing framework for current transformational programs; Salesforce and Telecom roadmaps that are underway. You will be responsible for managing critical programs while providing thought leadership and generate key insights that influence business decisions and technology solutions. To succeed in this role, you will have an affinity for Agile software development and developing a culture of collaboration & innovation.
In addition, you will be responsible for hiring, mentoring and coaching through regular feedback, and lead the team to consistently deliver. Ideal candidate will be able to dig in and solve difficult technical problems and provide technical mentorship.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for leading QA Software Testing discipline for Service Operations department.
- Manage the execution of system, integration, regression and UAT testing for all Service Operations technology platforms/products Salesforce SRM (future state), Telecom and other external system interfaces
- Measure test Coverage and Drive test effectiveness
- Ability to escalate issues, concerns and risk mitigation plans with IT leadership and provide appropriate status
- Collaborate with technology vendors in acquiring or developing technologies to support testing requirements
- Lead the creation and implementation of relevant IT quality procedures and test automation
- Lead multiple QA teams, working with QA specialists and testers to ensure quality delivery
- Contribute to go-no go decisions, collaborating with cross functional teams and senior management
- Partner with peers and management team to continuously improve testing methods, process, and use of tools
- Ensure that issues and defects identified during testing are clearly communicated to teams responsible for implementation and resolution
- Assess and communicate end-user impact and work with business owners and product owners to properly prioritize issues in the backlog
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Four year degree in Math, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience required.
10+ years’ of relevant QA experience within IT is required.
Special Skill Requirement
- Experience leading the delivery of large Testing programs in a global delivery model (>10 MM USD) across all phases of testing; ability to represent department in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated experience implementing an effective QA process including a documented strategy, a resource plan, progress communications, severity ranking, and defect management
- Prior experience of defining test strategy for large and complex projects
- Understanding of Automation frameworks and test optimization techniques
- Experience leading QA in an Agile format with whole/dedicated teams is required.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of associates in the organization well as solid facilitation skills.
- Proven ability to evaluate and manage third-party vendors
- Proven ability to build relationships to execute testing programs with multiple systems, and a diverse set of resources
- Hands-on project management experience with successful implementation of projects at varying sizes
- Experience tracking and reporting SLAs and KPIs in a managed services testing engagement
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving/decision making skills
- Solid technical skills and background as needed to support the oversight of development and management of complex multi-platform testing environments
- Experience with an Off Shore testing model preferred.
- Insurance domain knowledge preferred
- Familiar with software/platform used by the firm, including Siebel CRM, Informatica, SalesForce, JAVA, Web Services and SQL.
- Prior Salesforce SRM and Call center application experience preferred.
- Experience developing a successful automated testing strategy using multiple tools (UFT, Selenium, JUnit, Soap UI, Jenkins) preferred.
(Internal title USFG005 -Program Manager III)
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
A little about us: