Senior QA Specialist
The Senior Testing Specialist, will work under limited supervision to monitor software quality and associated business/technical risks across the software development lifecycle. Analyze technical risk for new and/or modified software products, then document, perform and interpret functional tests to mitigate risk. Perform varied and complex assignments of the software testing functionality. Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other technical personnel. The Quality Engineer will work in tandem with software developers in a fast paced agile environment. Manage junior testing specialists.
· Interact with the product delivery team; participate in product acceptance/design grooming to provide input on completeness of functional acceptance criteria, product designs, and schedules
· Maintain schedules and coordinate activities for project efforts while maintaining high quality execution; identify task dependencies, test schedules, utilization of test environments
· Ensure test deliverables are prepared per enterprise guidelines; monitor the completion of tasks within time and cost constraints and ensure that technical and functional objectives are met.
· Collect, track and report test metrics and brief leadership on test status
· Identify interdependencies, ambiguities or omissions; make suggestions to improve requirements and ensure usability/testability
· Plan test schedules in accordance with project scope and delivery expectations
· Design test scenarios, scripts, and/or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness
· Develop testing scenarios/cases to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, boundary/negative testing, error or defect retests, usability; including automated scripts
· Evaluate the test automation strategy and approach to identify and recommend areas of improvement
· Ensure successful coding and maintenance of automated unit tests
· Debug test-automation failures and test-environment issues.
· Identify, troubleshoot and provide solutions for issues
· Automate in-sprint stories and follow ATDD process
· Effectively manage test data
· Execute data validation process using SQL and ETL tools, and perform root cause analysis.
· Write SQL against relational databases to validate ETL processes and BI reports
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or military experience
• At least 5 years’ experience in testing with functional end-to-end testing or At least 5 years’ experience in testing with system testing or At least 5 years’ experience in testing with batch processing or At least 5 years’ experience in testing with user acceptance/regression testing
• At least 5 years’ experience with Agile methodologies
• At least 4 years’ with Jira or At least 4 years’ with ALM or At least 4 years’ with QC or At least 4 years’ with Selenium or At least 4 years’ with Automation Suites
• At least 2 years’ experience with Data Warehouse, ETL Data Verification and BI reports testing; including creating and executing complex SQL queries
• 5 years’ experience performing Quality Assurance functions with demonstrated experience in Agile Software Development Lifecycle quality deliver with direct leadership experience.
• 5 Years’ experience with relational database structures
• 3 years’ experience in Ruby or 3 years’ experience SQL or 3 years’ experience KIF or 3 years’ experience Selenium
• 3 years’ experience SWIFT or 2 years’ experience Objective-c or 2 years’ experience Ruby or 2 years’ experience Gherkin
• 3 years’ experience in automation, automation framework, and automated functional delivery
• 2 years’ experience in with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
• 2 years’ experience in with version control software such as GitHub
• 2 years’ experience with Unix scripting
• 2 years’ experience in various stages of DW Implementation, including Data Extraction, Data Transformation, Data Loading, Data Validation, Testing.
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.