Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasingly enhanced by technology, Waste Management is undertaking a substantial technology transformation. We are seeking talented Information Technology professionals to join the Waste Management team who are motivated to help us transform the way we design, build and use technology. With your skills and experience, we look for you to combine your technical expertise with industry best practices in an effort to align information technology solutions with Waste Management business strategy. I. Job Summary
Conducts more complex quality assurance tests and analysis to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. Performs automated and manual test case development and execution. II. Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with project team, understand the requirements and design, develop and execute test scenarios, test cases and automated test scripts.
- Perform standalone and integration testing with internal IT applications.
- Identify application issues during testing and works with project team and internal IT staff to determine resolutions.
- Drafts and revises advanced testing documentation (including test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test schedule) and execute tests per established schedule and plan
- Creates test data with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test application logic and verify system flow standalone and integrated with other internal IT applications
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to enhance the effectiveness of quality assurance strategies.
- Generate test reports to show the health of the project and identify risks can come up with mitigation plans.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities May coach and mentor less-experienced analysts and act as team leader on systems projects. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four years of relevant experience.
- Experience: Five years of relevant experience and one year experience in a leading role (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Advanced knowledge or skills in one or more of the following is required:
- Hands on experience with Agile, DevOps Software Development methodologies
- QA testing, system design and analysis
- Hands-on experience in developing QA plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with SFDC practice
- Hands-on experience with SFDC automation using Selenium
- Hands-on experience with data warehousing applications
- QA methodologies, procedures, and documentation.
- Quality Center software processes and procedures.
- Selenium automation experience using Java
- Project Management.
- Training and communication skills
- Data analysis
- Query tools, SQL and Toad
- Expertise in all aspects of the software development lifecycle using Agile Methodology
- Understands project risk, particularly from a quality perspective.
D. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities that Contribute to Success May require advanced skills in one or more of the following:
V. Work Environment
- Web application testing
- API automation experience
- Various databases, applications, and technologies including but not limited to: MS SQL Server, AS400, Visual Basic, web applications and Cloud Computing, CRM, SalesForce, ETL, Informatica, GIS, GPS, ESB, and other reporting tools.
- Ability to oversee functional business process and technical testing services for designated software and business process development projects, and externally developed projects from initiation to implementation.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."