Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Lead | Opower
Location: Virginia, United States
Posted: November 04, 2016
Reference ID: 160017XG
LOCATION BASED ROLE: Opower Arlington, VA office
Oracle | Opower is looking for a top notch QA Engineer to fill our brand new test automation role. You will help us identify and automate a good variety of simple to complex testing tasks achieving quality and stability of our energy efficiency products, configurations and program design implementations. If you're excited by the idea of being part of a growing business unit with a startup culture where you can further grow your automation skills while having a positive impact on the entire QA team, we want to meet you.
- Own automation: Enhance the existing framework and build new tools to support testing.
- Identify areas of improvement in testing process and design creative solutions
- Convert manual tasks into automated scripts
- Exhibit a high commitment to quality, leveraging knowledge of computer science and software development principles
- Dig deep into product behaviors of a wide range of product suites.
- Work efficiently and collaboratively by occasionally supporting client team testing efforts.
- Proficient in several programming languages. Ruby highly preferable.
- Comfortable working in UNIX environment.
- Experience in writing and understanding complex SQL queries.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with test automation is a must.
- 5 years of experience as a QA Engineer.
- Backend and frontend testing experience
An experienced consulting professional who has a broad understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May lead the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget. May act as the team lead on projects, providing coaching, guidance and feedback to develop skills of team members. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Develops and leads detailed solutions for moderately complex projects.
6-8 years of experience relevant to this position including 3-4 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.