Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The VDP team is looking for a senior QA Engineer that is passionate about building scalable, secure and highly reliable, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. This person will help build a state of the art developer platform, design next generation of Visa APIs and help build infrastructure to make developers worldwide successful using Visa payment network.
Sr Test Engineer will design and implement test solutions with highest quality using agile tools & methodologies.
- Extensive hands-on QA, white box testing and automation. No Manual testing
- Support continuous integration processes and system deployments
- Write test plans and test cases
- Improve, optimize, and identify opportunities for improved software development
- Troubleshoot critical defects in software coding
- Should have an understanding of the Developer world, be able to voice customer perspective and possess the programing skills to drive test automation
- You have expertise in field of test automation and have driven efforts for implementing test frameworks on web, mobile platform or service oriented architectures
- Work closely with the QE/Developers/Product leads to achieve a high level of Unit & Test coverage
- Heavy collaboration across business and technology organization, providing sound business analysis, process and change leadership within a maturing, hybrid (Agile/Waterfall) PDLC framework
- Working with limited direction, usually within a complex and evolving environment, to drive delivery of solutions while influencing cultural change
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to resolve scheduling and other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines
- Provide guidance to QA technology groups in their development of design artifacts and Quality Assurance test plans
- Plan and conduct User Acceptance Testing with key stakeholders
- Work with Product Owners to continually evaluate product capabilities and provide guidance to product roadmap and strategy
- Strong resource management skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate large scale planning, development and user acceptance testing efforts
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in working with agile lifecycle and/or tracking and process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA
- Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent is highly desirable. MBA a plus
- The ideal candidate for this position will have more than 7 years of experience in testing highly distributed and complex systems, with an ability to think tactically as well as strategically while leading cross functional teams in a highly matrixed environment. A background working in a high transaction online payment environment, developer portals/services or APIs is highly desirable
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field. MBA is a plus.
- 2-5 years experience testing highly distributed and complex systems
- Hands-on Java programming, Automation Scripting, White box testing experience in JAVA & TestNG/ jUnit
- Experience with Selenium or similar software testing framework
- Experience in building and executing automated and performance tests for REST based services
- Experience with Agile Methodologies, Tools (Rally, JIRA, Confluence)
- Hands-on experience working with databases Oracle, MySQL & MongoDB
- Experience testing software at API level using SOA suite, SOAP UI, PostMan, REST Client etc.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo or monitoring tools such as Nagios
- Experience with Code Quality Governance related tools (Sonar, PMD, FindBugs, Checkstyle, Emma, Cobertura etc)
- Hands-on experience with Eclipse or other IDE development tools
- Experience with distributed source control systems such as Git
- Familiarity in performance testing using Jmeter or similar tools a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.