Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Cloud Platform & Infrastructure Automation Team is responsible for building Visa's private Cloud Platform and to automate infrastructure deployment/provisioning tools that developers & infrastructure teams at Visa will use to deploy and run code. Our mission is to make it easy for developers & infrastructure teams to provision environments (DEV, TEST & Prod), deploy systems, monitor, and auto scale their applications. To accomplish this, we need a talented and versatile Senior QA Engineer to join our team! Responsibilities What you will take care of in this role:
- Responsible for writing & documenting test plans and test cases
- Developing Automation tests & white box testing
- Execute test plans and create test reports to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction
- Develop Test metrics standards, monitor, measure and validate Report on status of quality, releases, support, operations, and system performance to management
- Optimize and identify opportunities for improved software development
- Troubleshooting critical defects in code
- Understanding development lifecycle, voice customer perspective and drive test automation
- Work closely with the Developers and Product managers to achieve a high level of Unit & Test coverage
- Working with limited direction, usually within a complex and evolving environment, to drive delivery of solutions while influencing cultural change
- Working with agile lifecycle and/or tracking and process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA
What you already bring to this role:
- Undergraduate Degree or Master's Degree, preferably in Computer Science
- Passionate in learning & delivering code with excellent quality
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in Automation testing, white box testing experience in JAVA & TestNG/jUnit
- Experience with Selenium or similar software testing framework
- Experience in building and executing automated and performance tests for REST-based services
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Hands-on experience working with databases Oracle, MySQL & MongoDB
- Experience testing software at API level using SOA suite, PostMan, REST Client, etc.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo
- Experience with Code Quality Governance related tools (Sonar, PMD, FindBugs, Checkstyle, Emma, Cobertura, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Eclipse or other IDE development tools
- Experience with distributed source control systems such as Git
- Familiarity in performance testing using Jmeter or similar tools a plus
- Experience with Agile development methodologies (specifically Scrum)
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.