Eaton’s Residential Wiring Devices division is looking to hire a Senior Quality Engineer. The Senior Quality Engineer would be based out of our Lincoln, IL facility.
Position Overview :
The Lincoln Plant is a part of Eaton's Residential Wiring Devices Division, in the Electrical Group, and manufactures power distribution devices with residential applications. The devices produced include load center, metering devices and air conditioning disconnects. The processes used in manufacturing include metal fabrication, powder coating paint and assembly.
The senior quality engineer coordinates, manages and assists with any plant quality issues as they pertain to products, critical processes or procedures, division quality requirements and reporting, as well as ISO standards. The senior engineer also works with Eaton Suppliers, Purchasing and Engineering to improve purchased part/material quality to a consistent high level.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Coordinating the Supplier Partnership Program with Purchasing;
- Participating in supplier quality system audits and surveys;
- Reviewing and monitoring supplier interface from receipt of material through rejection notification and corrective action when necessary;
- Providing technical interface between suppliers and the plant on purchased products;
- Promoting quality consciousness, motivating personnel to perform and produce to the best of their ability with regard to quality and productivity;
- Helping to develop inspection procedures, plans, guidelines and records for all work areas to ensure the control of product quality is maintained.
- Assessing the need for new gages; arranging for their purchase or creation and assuring their accuracy by directing inspection, calibration and use.
- Keeping quality manager apprised of all issues in involving quality;
- Assist in analysis of material problems, investigate any issues and follow up, conduct any reliability testing necessary.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.