Eaton Aerospace Group located in Los Angeles, CA (near Glendale metro) has an opening for a Sr. Quality Engineer. Incumbent is responsible for performing Quality Engineering duties related to support of hydraulic products fabrication, assembly, and test.
- Assessing and developing internal capabilities in compliance with management, customer and agency goals and objectives.
- Developing and improving system and process performance feedback using trend, Pareto and other quality tools.
- Leading cross-functional teams in solving chronic system problems or product non-conformances.
- Providing a customer interface with respect to quality issues.
- Controlling nonconforming material in accordance with Eaton procedures.
- Flowing down of external/internal quality requirements to all functions.
- Performing verification and validation of new designs using compliance matrices, 1st articles, capability studies, DFMEA and PFMEA to ensure compliance to customer requirements and producibility standards.
- Providing technical direction to Internal Auditors to verify compliance Eaton requirements.
- Developing advanced quality planning with respect to Eaton and customer requirements. Ensuring compliance with quality requirements in product development gate review meetings.
- Supporting and leading continuous improvement initiatives.
- Supporting the development of test fixtures, inspection fixtures, and determination of gaging needs.
- Supporting internal audit requirements in accordance with Eaton procedures.
- Developing and maintaining quality work instructions and procedures.
- Achieving objectives as detailed by Quality Management.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years Quality Engineering experience working with quality systems.
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applications must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR (U.S. citizen, Green Card Holder,U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee).
- Must live within 50 miles of Los Angeles, CA
- Experience in contract review, Quality Planning, failure analysis and corrective action.
- Familiar with major Aerospace primes Quality System, as well as working knowledge of AS9100.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools.
- CQE preferred
- Preferred experience in Aerospace electromechanical or hydraulic systems required.
- Experience with FRACAS and reliability reporting is a plus.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.