Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Memphis, Tennessee for a Senior Quality Engineer. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as New Product Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems Product Validation.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Skills and Experience Required: Skills
- Understanding of remanufacturing processes and applying right knowledge and skills to meet the customers' expectations.
- Help build customers' requirements into the manufacturing process design.
- Develop teams to meet the stakeholder's expectations.
- Applies the principles of product quality planning, evaluation, and control in support of the manufacturing and installation operations of the organization.
- Responsible for applicable systems related to plant customer issues such as corrective action requests, supplier corrective action requests, nonconforming material reports, etc.
- Leads containment activities.
- Facilitates continuous improvement quality activities to reduce the potential for defects, and ensures continual improvement in process and product design.
- Ensures products and process development meet quality standards.
- Identifies problems, prioritizes actions, leads or participates in Six Sigma projects.
- Participates in change management activities by verifying products and processes, developing key measures, analyzing data for decision support, and presenting results to plant leadership.
- Leads audits of processes and quality systems.
- Works with purchasing to improve the quality of purchased parts.
- Serves as a quality technical resource to other functional areas.
- May coach and mentor less experienced quality engineers.
Communication - Written And Verbal - Effectively expresses messages and ideas in a clear, organized and relevant manner for a variety of audiences. Develops organized, complete, and convincing communications. Conveys thoughts and ideas regarding a topic concisely and clearly. Ability to communicate without increasing either the employee's or employer liability. Ability to communicate effectively to different levels of the organization. Communicates information at a level appropriate for the intended audience. Effectively presents messages to individuals and/or small and large groups. Ability to communicate appropriately for various time zones, differing cultures, and differing languages. Uses appropriate style, grammar, and tone in informal and/or formal business messages. Reviews and edits written work constructively. Uses visual aids that are effective and appropriate for communication medium. Delivers messages with the desired effect. Prepares necessary support materials for meetings which may include agendas and/or pre-read documents. Uses appropriate tone and body language to deliver messages. Separates personal biases from fact. Expresses messages in a positive manner, focusing on strengths rather than weaknesses. Ability to use appropriate communication tools as needed (WebEx, Same Time, video conferencing, teleconferencing, Visio, MS Project, etc.).
Problem Solving And Quality Improvement - Problem Solving and Improvement approaches, including understanding of tools/process type and selection, plus Corrective and Preventive Action processes.
Product Or Service Familiarization - Understanding of the product line or services of the specific business of which the person is a part (i.e., plant, performance cell, etc.).
Quality System Development, Implementation and Verification - Identify and integrate common elements such as design and process control, management responsibility, document control etc. Quality auditing planning, preparation and execution.
Understanding VPI or NPD process, its phases, cross functional activities and responsibilities. Experience:
2-5 years relevant experience Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
• Bachelor of Science (or equivalent degree) in required Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.