Senior Quality Engineer – (Automation Test Engineer)
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Capital One is one of the nation’s top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work. Are you inspired by leading test strategies across multiple projects and initiatives? Are you ready to work in an organization that rewards excellence through a great compensation and benefits package?
As a Senior Quality (Test Automation) Engineer at Capital One, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talent in the industry in developing test scenarios for unit, process, function, integration and acceptance testing. You will define and maintain test system configurations and perform test executions while writing test scripts for complex, integrated systems.
• Monitors adherence to quality standards in development, testing and business processes and able to produce quantifiable metrics to measure success; ensures test deliverables are prepared per enterprise guidelines
• Analyze product requirements with members of the project/product delivery team and devise the testing strategy; aligning a risk-based test approach mitigating risk exposure within all phases of testing; utilizing automated testing tools
• Monitors the completion of tasks within time and cost constraints and ensures technical and functional objectives are met
• Advocate for quality delivery; coordinates activities with overall development team, administers the testing problem management process including monitoring and reporting on problem resolution
• Implement improvements, which may require ingenuity and creativity, within quality assurance program and operational systems with measurable quality indicators; Prepare and discuss quality report with management
• Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of testing infrastructures, and determine priority of needs.
• Evangelize adherence to defined development life cycle, good software design practices, and Architecture strategy and intent
• Collaborate with partners to educate and enhance the abilities of QE across the organization.
• Drive the adoption of proven testing patterns and technologies to ensure timely high quality releases.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience performing Quality Assurance functions
- At least 3 years of experience implementing and managing automated testing systems.
- At least 8 years of experience of functional end-to-end testing, system testing, batch processing, user acceptance testing, regression, and test automation.
- At least 3 years of experience with Agile methodologies, Test Driven Development and continuous integration processes.
- At least 1 year of experience with ATDD using Selenium, Cucumber, Java.
At this time, Capital One will sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.