Eaton’s Aerospace division is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer in the Jackson, MI location.
Functionally responsible for designing, developing, coordinating and deploying work instructions/procedures and associated process controls for the Jackson, MI plant. Collect and analyze manufacturing data and implement process improvements that improve safety, product quality, customer delivery, and cost reductions. Identify opportunities for process improvements and cost avoidance for within plant value streams or new development programs. Reviews customer/industry/internal specifications to ensure compliance with stated requirements. Provides technical support to operations, customers, suppliers, and program managers as needed. Support and lead special process and customer audits. Provide training and coaching to others as required.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Completes Quality Engineering assignments with minimal supervision.
- Coach, mentor, and train quality engineering team members.
- Formulate and implement quality assurance procedures, policies, and standards.
- Subject matter expert on Eaton Quality System, AS9100, NADCAP, and customer specific requirements.
- Monitors/manages new program metrics and facilitates efforts to drive continual improvement within plant value streams or new program launches.
- Execute on customer, operations, or new program technical deliverables
- Support on-time delivery of orders through the manufacturing process including DMR resolution, process, verification activity, and FAIR/Source/Conformity activity.
- Lead and provide technical advice and counsel to cross-functional teams.
- Host or participate in customer and third party audits as needed along with providing technical support.
- Work directly with production associates on the implementation of new products/projects in order to build an inclusive culture that meets the needs of all employees and customers.
- Utilization of problem solving skills and toolkit: 5 Why, 8D, A3, Fishbone, etc.
- Benchmark other sites for best practices and process improvements opportunities.
- Ensure quality documents align with the recognized Aerospace Quality System Standards as well as Eaton Objectives, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or related technical field
- Minimum 2 years of engineering or manufacturing experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 50 of Jackson, MI will be considered.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical, industrial, or aerospace engineering
- Experience with project management a plus
- The ideal candidate would have 2-5 years of experience in a quality engineering role
- Knowledge of machining, assembly operations, gauging, SPC, APQP, and quality assurance systems (ISO 9001, AS9100)
- Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from production associates to the leadership team
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), or Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (MOQ/OE) is preferred
- Knowledge of standard manufacturing process, metal forming, assembly/test in an Aerospace environment preferred
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.