Eaton’s Aerospace division is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer-
Test Lab in the Jackson, MI location.
- Manage the compliance, development and enforcement of the test lab
quality system as it relates to continual improvement, ISO17025, Eaton Quality
System, customer requirements, and third-party oversight for both the Jackson
Argyle and Beltsville facilities. Oversee the compliance, development and
enforcement of annual audits, both internally and through the 3rd party A2LA
- Train and develop employees on subjects relating to customer
requirements, quality system auditing, and quality engineering tools, as
- Provide direction for future technological improvements to
tracking / implementing quality system requirements
- Provide quality system support to Jackson Argyle and Beltsville
lab personnel. Support audits (internal & 3rd party) on site at the Jackson
Argyle and Beltsville facilities.
- Oversee ISO17025 audits. To include scheduling/hosting 3rd party
assessments & internal audits. Facilitate failure investigation related
problem solving, corrective actions, and process improvement activities,
including 8D & RedX investigations.
- Oversee customer audits. To include scheduling/hosting 3rd party
assessments & internal audits. Facilitating related problem solving,
corrective actions, and process improvement activities.
- Oversee FAA test setup conformity. To include conducting setup
reviews and all accompanying paperwork.
- Create/Update/Deploy quality system processes and procedures to
ensure compliance with Regulatory/Statutory, ISO17025, and customer
- Develop and lead an internal audit program to ensure ongoing
improvement and oversight of processes.
- Develop, set, and achieve goals associated with quality system
improvements which align to Jackson Argyle Lab goals and objectives.
- Identify quality training needs of the lab and ensure those needs
- Conduct MSAs and publish results for various test equipment
- Oversee and coordinate calibration of lab instrumentation. Perform
required on site calibration as required and train additional lab
- Work with lab management team to develop and deploy training plans
and keep appropriate documentation
- Enforce and oversee test review process to reduce setup errors and
improve safety. Train additional lab personnel as needed
Degree in math, statistics, science, physics, engineering, or computer
science from an accredited university
3 years’ experience in an engineering, lab or manufacturing environment
be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
position requires use of information or access to hardware which is
subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All
applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a
U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card
Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
to read and understand Blue Prints, Specifications, and Requirements
System Experience (e.g. AS9100, ISO 9001, TS16949, ISO17025)
industry experience preferred
interacting with customers, customer representatives, auditors, regulatory
agencies and cross-functional departments/functions/levels.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.