Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in White Bear Lake, Minnesota for a Senior Recruiter. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading projects.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Specific Key Responsibilities:
- Leads one or more elements of the recruitment process including recruiting, screening, and interviewing applicants to fill job vacancies. Communicates with applicants and candidates regarding consideration for employment, the specifics of the role, and job offers.
- Leads the recruitment process of recruitment teams, individual recruiters, and external recruiting sources in the recruitment, screening, and interviewing of internal and external applicants.
- Creates a recruitment sourcing strategy and develops multiple channels to build candidate pipelines for targeted positions.
- Ensures applicant's background and qualifications are in alignment with job requirements and by facilitating the appropriate pre-employment testing and paperwork processes.
- Communicates with candidates regarding their application status; informs candidate of job details and Cummins employment value proposition.
- Supervises the arrangement of interviews and travel logistics for selected applicants; partners with line human resources to ensure interview and selection processes progress smoothly.
- Communicates with external recruiting sources to provide information regarding career opportunities.
- May travel to recruiting events.
- Leads elements of the implementation of the organization's recruiting processes and ensures processes are in alignment with applicable government legislation and internal policies.
- Coaches, collaborates, and supports hiring managers and other key stakeholders in the recruiting process.
- Leads cross functional projects and recruiting teams to meet Cummins talent acquisition needs.
- Measures and monitors key performance indicators of recruitment processes.
- Conducts regular reviews of key performance indicators with leadership, recruitment teams, and other stakeholders to facilitate continuous improvement efforts.
- Works in partnership with employment branding team to build brand presence and provide input on the development of branding strategies.
Utilize and maintain applicant tracking system including periodic reporting to stakeholders.
- Supports Cummins Distribution Central region with Service and Technician external hiring along with office and Professional roles
- Owns regional vocational school relationships for service technician pipeline recruitment.
Experience and qualifications:
- External Talent Sourcing - Identifies and applies appropriate candidate sourcing methodologies and tools to identify, attract and engage diverse talent in the external market.
- Candidate Assessment and Selection - Defines qualification requirements and selection criteria for open positions using Cummins tools; employs objective selection processes that meet compliance requirements; assesses, evaluates, and selects candidates against pre-determined job specific and Cummins common criteria; communicates openly with candidate and stakeholders to ensure timely hiring outcomes.
- Employee Relations - Builds constructive relationships with employees and other stakeholders; reinforces consistent application of Cummins standards applies knowledge of employment and labor law; effectively manages conflict; builds and maintains a collaborative, productive work environment through information sharing and consultation.
- Human Resources Consulting - Collaborates with business leaders in applying business and Human Resources functional knowledge to interpret the business environment, identifies and prioritizes current and future problems requiring solutions; structures clear problem statements, breaking down issues into smaller, meaningful and manageable components that when addressed, provide a holistic solution.
- Human Resources Business Process Execution - Manages the execution of Human Resources business processes, seeking efficiency, accuracy, positive business performance outcomes and operational agility; integrates activities across processes as needed; assures compliance with process and legal requirements; effectively balances process requirements and business leader needs.
- Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Interpersonal savvy - Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Persuades - Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Balances stakeholders - Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Minimum three to five years of full cycle recruiting experience; significant experience with hourly workforce recruitment.
- High level knowledge of sourcing strategies such as Boolean searches and building qualified candidate pools.
- Experience with high volume recruiting in an industrial or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships and to navigate proactively across internal and external networks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong relationships.
- Capability to work in a highly matrixed environment, ability to lead and influence without authority, to take personal accountability, strong work ethic, integrity, and excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with Taleo preferred.
- Proven skills in customer and candidate care
College, university, or equivalent degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field or equivalent experience required. Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.