People. Performance. Possibilities.
These words describe the focus of our Human Resources Group here at HCA
, a Fortune 100 company with over 200,000 employees in 20 states and the UK. Our HR team of over 1400 can provide a broad range of HR career paths within one organization. Come join our team to help support our mission "Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life."
, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, offers integrated cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for those facing cancer in communities across the United States and United Kingdom. Sarah Cannon's cancer programs include individualized patient navigation provided by oncology-trained nurses, more than 1,000 stem cell transplants performed annually throughout the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network, hundreds of clinical trials, and molecular profiling capabilities. Through its services, Sarah Cannon is providing state-of-the-art cancer care close to home for hundreds of thousands of patients, a number unmatched by any single cancer center.
The Senior Recruiter
will be responsible for the following under the direction of the Recruiting Manager or AVP of Talent Acquisition:
- Collects and processes requisitions to fill new or vacant positions to include leadership and niche roles.
- Leads recruitment activities for particular clinical, allied health or other assigned lines of business.
- Serves as mentor / coach and assists with training of recruiter team members. In collaboration with Recruiting Manager, works to develop Recruiter team member competencies and skills.
- Conducts strategy meetings with hiring managers to identify expectations, clarify processes and provide regular updates. Creates a communication plan that promotes a partnership for acquiring the necessary talent. Has business and financial acumen to understand and tailor activities to meet the business' overall objectives.
- Posts jobs through internal and external media, utilizing advanced sourcing techniques to identify qualified passive and active candidates. Maintains current knowledge of emerging technology to stay abreast of innovative sourcing trends and best recruitment practices.
- Identifies internal and external candidates for vacant positions, including assessing job postings and employee referrals, screening resumes and conducting interviews by phone, in person or via electronic media (e.g., WebEx, Go to Meeting, etc.)
- Collects, processes, and maintains applicant data including, but not limited to, interviewer recommendations and assessment results.
- Conducts strategic recruitment activities including attending / coordinating job fairs, conferences, on-campus and other special events. Maintains memberships in / rapport with professional associations.
- Maintains updated candidate status / disposition in applicant tracking system to ensure compliance with company policies as well as federal and state employment laws.
- With approval of the Regional Director of Recruiting strategically utilizes staffing agencies and external search firms. Serves as liaison between hiring managers and staffing agencies / search firms.
- Advises hiring managers and facilitates/participates in selection decision-making meetings.
- Develops and recommends job offer details to hiring managers, including experience ratings and research on internal equity.
- Delivers and negotiates job offers or rejections to candidates.
- Undergraduate degree highly preferred
- 3 - 7 years' experience in a recruiting role
- Strong sourcing and networking skills to attract top talent in a niche industry
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems; experience with Taleo preferred.
- Works in an office and remote environment
- Typical work hours can vary depending on workload and hiring deliverables
- Some travel may be required
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom