Senior Regional Medical Liaison, Inflammation & Bone – Washington, D.C./MD/Richmond, VA/WV
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Posted: January 12, 2017
Reference ID: R-29037
This position is within the Inflammation and Bone Medical Science Liaison team and will interact with healthcare decision makers to communicate and advance the scientific platform, as aligned with Amgen's corporate goals and objectives. The Senior Regional Medical Liaison (Sr. RML) is an integral position in assuring accurate, clear and valued information regarding our science and products to multiple levels within the medical community. The successful Sr. RML will communicate complex, cutting-edge scientific information and research concepts to healthcare decision makers including, but not limited to, those at Academic Medical Centers. The role may also include providing clinical and economic value information to payers and formulary decision makers. In addition, the Sr. RML will provide feedback based on field interactions and scientific support consistent with Amgen research, product support, and specific role and duties.
The Sr. RML will:
- Interact with healthcare thought leaders to communicate and advance the scientific platform as aligned with Amgen's corporate goals and objectives
- Communicate complex cutting-edge scientific information and research concepts to healthcare decision makers including, but not limited to, those at Academic Medical Centers
- Provide clinical and economic value information to payers and formulary decision makers
- Facilitate submission of investigator sponsored research proposals
- Support Amgen sponsored research
- Provide feedback based on field interactions with healthcare thought leader
- Provide scientific support consistent with the RML compliance standards for sales corporate account and other matrix colleagues-facilitated HCP inquiries
- Foster scientific relationships between Amgen and fellows-in-training
- Lead and/or participate on committees or project teams that support RML strategies and tactics, as delegated by RML leadership
- Seek opportunities to support the RML value proposition, achieve results and set an example for others to follow by consistently demonstrating Amgen Values and Leadership Attributes
- Demonstrate tact and organizational savviness when communicating and interacting with others. The Sr. RML will model openness and innovation through words, actions and decisions. Amgen RMLs share learning including entrepreneurial and innovative ideas with others and hold self-accountable for performance as well as encouraging others to achieve, and be accountable, for performance.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Medical Science Liaison experience
Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. or D.O. (other Doctoral degrees considered)
7+ years of experience in a medically-related field, including 1+ years focused on clinical practice, clinical research, or medical research. Experience in a medically-related field can include post-doctoral training (i.e., residencies and/or fellowships).
2+ years medical science liaison role in a biotech or pharmaceutical company
Current Amgen experience in Scientific Affairs or Medical Affairs experience at a biotech or pharmaceutical company
Knowledge in Inflammation therapeutic expertise area
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.