At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Performs advanced regulatory/technical problem solving in support of nuclear plant operations. Responsible for regulatory/technical decisions. Possesses excellent knowledge in functional discipline and its practical application and has detailed knowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide in-depth regulatory/technical expertise to develop, manage and implement regulatory analyses, activities and programs.
- Provide regulatory/technical expertise and consultation through direct involvement to identify and resolve regulatory issues.
- Provide complete task management of regulatory issues.
- Perform regulatory tasks as assigned by supervision.
- Accountable for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work ensuring proper licensing basis management and assuring that standard design criteria, practices, procedures, regulations and codes are used in preparation of products.
- Perform independent research, reviews, studies and analyses in support of regulatory/technical projects and programs.
- Recommend new concepts and techniques to improve performance, simplify operation, reduce costs, reduce regulatory burden, correct regulatory non-compliances, or comply with changes in codes or regulations.
- Perform ERO role and maintain qualifications as an active member of the ERO.
- BS Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- Minimum 6 years professional experience
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Previous SRO license/certification
- Advanced technical degree or related coursework
- Possesses specialty skills and performs advanced tasks independently with minimal supervisory review. Performs regulatory tasks independently and actively imparts knowledge to others. Higher level of accountability than a Regulatory Engineer. Must be able to manage and implement regulatory processes and programs, has wide latitude to make regulatory/technical decisions within accountabilities.
Department Specific Roles/Responsibilities:
- Licensing includes the following functions: Licensing Actions (e. g. , License and Technical Specification Amendment Requests, Relief Requests, Exemption Requests), managing regulatory compliance and interface, various written correspondence with regulatory authorities, and single point of contact with the NRCs Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation (NRR). Support day-to-day site operations. Coordinate emergent issues of complexity requiring off-site assistance. This includes activities such as non-routine reportability determinations, case management, and program implementation interpretations. Maintain expertise on industry initiatives and regulatory issues important to the sites. As part of business and project planning, will coordinate common projects affecting multiple sites. Assist in the preparation of Notices of Enforcement Discretion (NOEDs), and the facilitation of identifying resources for tasks that require support beyond what is available at the sites.
- Licensing Programs:
- Licensing Programs includes oversight and performance/implementation of programs and processes such as corrective action, operating experience, INPO coordination and interface, Federal Register/ Rulemaking, self assessment, benchmarking, business plan preparation, and NSRB/GOC coordination. Licensing Programs works with the sites and corporate to perform program governance, oversight, support and perform functions
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster