We are seeking a senior release engineer to join our high performing, agile development team located in the USA (Reston, VA or Redwood Shores, CA). The team is responsible for development and maintenance of the "Oracle Advanced Support Platform" a fully integrated, ITIL-based framework that supports the delivery of multiple Advanced Customer and Support Service offerings from Oracle.
You will will work with our application development team.
You will be responsible for will be responsible for maintaining our continuous integration and continuous deployment infrastructure, software configuration management, and build/deployment tools to successfully and efficiently release code to production, maintenance of laboratory environments and the activation of services in our laboratories.
* Source code management: branching, merging and repository creation
* Build job creation and maintenance including investigation of build failures, maintenance of the build environments
* Sustain and enhance continuous integration and continuous deployment systems
* Deploy and release software into controlled laboratory environments
* Ownership of the deployment plans for our software releases
* Archival of and retention for milestone software builds
* YUM server maintenance
* Installation, maintenance and deployment into lab environments
* Collaborate with the Development and Operations teams on process automation initiatives
Work is non-routine and complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area:
- 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
- Experience with continuous integration tools: Jenkins and Maven
- Experience with continuous deployment tools: P uppet or Ansible
- Must demonstrate solid understanding of SDLC and configuration management tools and principles.
- Proficient in scripting languages such as Shell, Perl, or Python.
- Other Tools: Git, SVN, Nexus
- Technologies: Java, Linux
- Database administration experience preferred
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.