The Overwatch team is looking for a senior reliability engineer to support live events. The ideal candidate is passionate about Overwatch and / or esports, and ready to work with several teams to support and refine our live event process. Day-to-day activities will include gathering details about upcoming tournaments, working with our quality assurance team to get a perfect build, and traveling to the event location to work with the events team. Mastery of Linux, in depth networking knowledge and a heavily process oriented approach are the keys to success for this role.Responsibilities
- Review, build, and deploy our product to live and non-live environments.
- Own, maintain, and grow a production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly stable.
- Respond to emergent service problems by debugging systems and services.
- Coordinate the efforts of internal and external parties to resolve live issues including determination and documentation of root cause.
- Drive SLAs, both for our services and services we depend on from other teams.
- Look for opportunities to improve and document our reliability processes.
- Provide training and mentoring for reliability engineers.
- Create tools / toolkits for other engineers to help improve service reliability.
- Liaise with embedded and external teams, create relationships, share knowledge, and drive our initiatives forward.
- Diagnose networking, database and OS related problems.
- Share in off-hour / on-call duties.
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant work experience, including with Linux systems and tools
- Fluency in C / C , expert in reviewing code and using debugging tools
- Hands-on experience in analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Curiosity and tenacity to fully diagnose why something went wrong
- Exceptional deductive reasoning skills
- Familiar with OS, networking and server design concepts
- Experience working with Hybrid and public cloud APIs / tech
- Familiar with an administrative language, such as Python
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Willing and able to travel to support live events
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Networking experience (knowledge of low-level protocols and high-level protocols)
- Knowledge of DevOps practices and principles
- Aptitude to learn new domains quickly
- A passion for video games, esports, and technology
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.