The Operations Reporting team is an integral team in delivering the Oracle Data Cloud's (ODC) products to our clients. The team is responsible for metrics and the supporting data and reporting infrastructure that feeds into our operational framework. We do this by providing visibility into the processes and systems that drive our platforms and product delivery. Organizationally, we collaborate cross functionally and partner across Operations, Go-to-Market teams, Technical teams, Finance, and Product development teams.
With the opportunity presented as new products are rapidly developed the team is growing and is seeking a team member who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is an independent self-starter that welcomes challenge, and collaborates across teams. The Senior Reporting Analyst will be responsible for the standardization and creation of reports that that lead to continuous improvement initiatives. In addition, this role will be exposed to a variety of problem solving situations, both strategic and real-time and will implement solutions ranging from ad-hoc data support for analytical exercises to more robust and automated enterprise wide reporting.
This role will serve as a Subject Matter Expert for all things metrics and reporting. Main responsibilities within this role include:
• Collaborate with internal and external subject matter experts, system users, and stakeholders to understand business processes and systems data flows and the resulting data generated from them
• Design, develop, and test automated reporting solutions using various reporting tools and database platforms
• Ad-hoc data analysis
• Creation and evangelization of creative data visualization to drive actionable intelligence
• Use SQL, Pig, Hive, Jaql to query and manipulate datasets
• Management of ETL from multiple data sources into an Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) infrastructure
• Manage reporting projects from inception to completion and balance short and long term priorities
• Drive change through effective use of clearly defined delivery plans, ensuring stakeholders receive timely updates
The ideal candidate:
• 5 years relevant work experience
• Has an undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Operations Research, or Business Analytics
• Must have advanced level SQL and ETL
• Experience maintaining and building visualizations using Oracle Business Intelligence code stack
• Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
• Ability to communicate and interact across teams and roles (Analysts to Vice Presidents)
• Possesses a strong attention to detail
• Demonstrates analytical, problem solving and decision making skills that foster creative solutions
• Proven planning and time management skills with the ability to deal with multiple demands on time and deal with ambiguity
• Flexible, people oriented and able to work in a team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Provides programs to improve operational efficiency, consistency, and compliance in support of the organization*s financial and tactical business objectives. Provides business practices and processes. Develops, communicates, and trains the organization on business practices and processes.
Serve as a liaison with other divisions such as Finance, Contracts, HR, Legal, Shared Services, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, and Risk Management in an effort to ensure accurate and timely transaction processing. Collect, input, verify, correct, and analyze data to measure key performance indicator actual versus business objectives. Provide updates to management regarding budget to actual, informing them of deviations and opportunities. Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions and/or deals. Communicate Oracle Business Practices to the organization and monitor process and approvals for full compliance. Drive implementation of new processes and procedures.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Attention to detail critical. Ability to collect, organize, and display data in spreadsheet format. Follow-through skills necessary to get information from internal and third parties and have data errors/omissions corrected. For this, relationship management skills strongly desired. Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with management and possible clients desired. 5 plus years relevant work experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.