- As a member of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetic (DMPK) Translational Research group at Takeda, you will participate in drug discovery and development through development and execution of quantitative biomarker assay development
- Primary duties to be performed under minimal supervision are to:
- Design and execute assays to quantify proteins, peptides and antibodies to support TCAL projects
- Develop analytical methods and conduct quantitative analysis of biomarkers in study samples independently
- Conduct data interpretation and reporting of study results and conclusions
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Design, execute and report key biomarker data to support portfolio
- Evaluate and develop fit-for-purpose biomarker assays via LC-MS/MS technologies, ligand-binding assays, or other appropriate assay systems
- Prepares protocols for and conducts routine sample preparation and analysis of serum and/or tissue samples
- Will assist in preparation of technical reports or summaries.
- Evaluate new techniques, technologies and equipment (LC-MS/MS, FACS, etc).
- Assists in the implementation of new methods and processes.
- Participates in the interpretation of scientific data.
- With some guidance, plans, conducts, evaluates and interprets non-routine laboratory experiments.
- Remains current with new practices and procedures in relevant literature.
- Provides solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Collaborates and communicates within and across departments.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records of ongoing projects in a laboratory notebook.
- May contribute to authorship of technical reports, manuscripts or posters.
- May present data to cross-functional project team; may present data/posters at external or internal conferences.
- Follow company safety procedures.
- Maintains lab equipment and supplies as necessary.
- Qualified candidates will have experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry with hands-on experience with conducting bioanalysis of proteins, peptides and/or antibodies from human and animal derived tissues and biological matrices
- BS/MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences/Chemistry/Biochemistry/Biology or related coursework and 8+ years of relevant experience or MS with 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in the development and validation of LC/MS assays for the quantitation of proteins and/or peptidesin industry.
- Experience in multiple techniques applicable to quantitative measurement of proteins, peptides and/or antibodies for pharmacokinetic and/or pharmacodynamic analysis, including ECL (Meso Scale Discovery Platform or similar), LC/MS, etc.
- Ability to identify and implement (where and when appropriate) new technologies for the advancement of quantitative biomarker analytics
- Experience with bioanalysis using cell-based assays (binding/bioassays) a plus
- Experience with SoftMax Pro software, MSD Discovery Workbench, and Bioanalytical LIMS ( such as Watson-LIMS and/or StatLIA)
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Skilled and proficient at making detailed observations, analyzing data, and interpreting results so as to be able to suggest, design and pursue relevant experiments
- Experienced in reporting study results for internal decision making
- Demonstrated ability to solve scientific problems creatively, effectively and independently
- Willing to assist with DMPK department objectives in general
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good multitasking skills
- Manual dexterity required to operate standard laboratory and office equipment
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects
- Exposure to hazardous/toxic/dangerous chemicals
- Prolonged standing and/or sitting.
we are driven to improve people's lives www.takedajobs.com Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx *LI-KL2-USA No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please. Schedule
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered, supported and inspired to use their unique talents toward our mission to serve patients.