Additional Location(s) or Information:
San Jose, CA or Columbia, MD Job Category:
Engineer - Software Level of Experience:
Experienced - Non Manager Requisition #:
Through a recent acquisition, Sourcefire, a world leader in Cyber Security, has teamed up with Cisco Systems. We are transforming the way global organizations and government agencies manage and minimize network security risk. Our IPS and real-time adaptive security solutions provide security for the real world of dynamic networks and escalating threats. Today, the names Sourcefire, Snort and Cisco have grown synonymous with innovation and Cyber Security.
Sourcefire, now a Cisco company, is a dynamic environment that inspires employees to create opportunities by honing their talents and skills every day. Employees are self-motivated, results driven and engaged. We recognize and reward quality results and commitment to our company's purposes and principles.
Develop and maintain detection content for Snort, ClamAV, and Razorback detection engines. Analysis of exploit code, attack tools, malware samples, and other malicious content to support the creation of detection content and other detection mechanisms. Additional responsibilities include participating in the open source mailing lists for ClamAV, Snort and Razorback, helping users and other analysts with setup, installation, and usage of these open source tools. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create detection content for Snort, ClamAV, and Razorback
- Writes detailed technical advisories on new vulnerabilities and VRT rules
- Interacts with the snort community on mailing lists and other public forums
- Capture network traces from exploits for testing IPS and IDS effectiveness
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Previous work experience not required
- Experience working in Windows, UNIX, or Linux
- Good analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Good organization, decision making, and verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Perl, C, and x86 assembly experience
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and to take on additional tasks as required
- Ability to work with small teams to solve complex problems
- A drive to succeed and a passion to solve difficult problems
- Works closely with software reverse engineers and research analysts to quickly develop detection content for all our core applications
- Moderate to high levels of stress may occur at times
- Fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Extremely talented and experienced team members and mentors
- No special physical requirements.
- Constant internal training, heated discussions, ice cream and libations
*LI-DS1 Job Type:
Experienced Opportunity Category:
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.