Microsoft’s Artificial Intelligence and Research (AI & R) newly created group is investing in research and experiences where humans and machines can work together to enhance people’s lives and help democratize Artificial Intelligence (AI). AI & R includes a global community of world class researchers, scientists and engineers working together on exciting new AI research explorations and product incubations. Microsoft Research Outreach is the organization that engages with the academic research community. MSR Outreach creates collaborations and partnerships between the academic research community and the scientific community at Microsoft, while facilitating and orchestrating technical and research exchanges with gatherings such as faculty summits.
We are looking for a technical AI-savvy Senior Program Manager, with a passion for excellence, a drive for results and willing to take on challenges. Are you highly motivated, people centered, a committed team player who enjoys working in a multicultural, multidisciplinary and dynamic environment to drive technical programs for the organization, innovate solutions and develop winning opportunities’ If yes, then this is your opportunity to drive and shine by joining us in Microsoft Research Outreach.
In this role, the right candidate will create engagements which help foster collaborations in AI between the academic research community and Microsoft researchers and scientists. You will contribute your skills to projects such as Project Malmo, an open source AI experimentation platform built on top of Minecraft and designed to support fundamental research in AI. You will generate new and exciting programs such as collaborative competitions driving new scenarios and requirements, coordinating across teams globally, contributing to design and technology development, and building a vibrant community for such projects. As part of MSR Outreach you will also have ample opportunities to work with peers on AI and technical research engagements in a true collaborative fashion.
• Lead the ideation, design and launch of community programs for AI projects such as Project Malmo Define and analyze metrics to measure progress and inform the success of projects
• Coordinate the development of new features and programs for the AI owned projects across teams globally Present projects at academic and AI venues integrating the feedback into the projects and programs
• Create programs that contribute to the technical research engagements in the team and more broadly to the team’s business objectives Network across Microsoft and academia to identify new research engagement opportunities in AI and robotics
• 5+ years of experience working as a program manager or as a software developer in industry
• Strong program- and project-management skills with a creative approach towards supporting and building successful academic engagements which advance AI while working across multiple organizations globally
• MS or PhD in CS with background in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and knowledge of Robotics highly preferred
• Excellent communication and presentation skills for interacting with the research community in academia and in industry
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive to results when building programs, working in collaboration with peers and scientists in the research community
• Comfortable working independently as well as collaboratively in a group setting, being self-motivated and action-oriented
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.