Senior Revenue Accountant
Location: Pleasanton, California
Posted: November 15, 2017
Reference ID: JR-22086
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Focus on partnering with key stakeholders (Sales, Legal, Dealdesk, Sales Ops, Finance) on deals during the negotiation phase, advising on how to structure key terms, and communicating how revenue will be booked and recognized.
• Proven ability to understand business issues and work within the framework of the accounting standard to provide effective guidance
• Ability to effectively manage the workflow to provide timely feedback and input while keeping management aware of key issues.
• Attention to detail in documenting reviews in accordance with relevant accounting standards
• Perform contract analysis review and prepare related revenue schedules to verify subscription contracts have been accurately recorded.
• Ownership of reconciliations and other processes within the worldwide revenue close cycle
• Ensure timely and accurate reporting of key revenue data.
• Partner with Order-to-Cash cross functional teams to ensure all fully executed agreements are properly processed and accounted for.
• Collaborate with Dealdesk and Legal to make improvements in the contract management process.
• Maintain documentation for all business processes and compliance related work
• Lead and assist with other special projects as needed; drive projects to successful completion
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
• Preferably 3 - 5 years in software revenue accounting
• Big 4 Experience a plus
• Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and messaging skills
• A highly productive self-starter with very strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
• Strong accountability and detail oriented; prepares accurate and timely work product
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
• Advanced Excel skills required, Salesforce.com and experience using Workday is preferable.