The automated machine learning team at Microsoft Research New England (located in Cambridge, MA) is looking for a research software engineer with strong development skills to join our team to develop industry leading machine learning solutions. Successful candidates will have several years of experience implementing machine learning solutions at scale across a breadth of technology platforms.
The automated machine learning team works on developing new meta-machine learning models to automate the construction and tuning of machine learning solutions. The goal of the team is to build automated machine learning tools that can be used by experts and non-experts alike.
Microsoft Research offers a thriving environment for cutting-edge, multidisciplinary research, both theoretical and applied, with access to a diversity of big and small data sources, an open publication policy, and close links to top academic institutions around the world. Microsoft Research New England is comprised of thirty full-time researchers, engineers and postdocs working in machine learning, statistics, computational biology, theoretical computer science, algorithmic game theory, economics, social media, cryptography, and mathematics. The lab is collaborative and interdisciplinary and is actively engaged with the local academic and tech communities.
Role and Responsibilities:
• You'll be a member of a cross-disciplinary team of engineers, data scientists and researchers.
• You will be responsible for implementing new machine learning models hosted in the cloud.
• You will be responsible for the full software development lifecycle including development, testing and deployment/provisioning.
• 3+ years of experience in applying, implementing, and/or developing algorithms for machine learning, artificial intelligence, or statistics.
• 3+ years of experience using scientific packages in python (numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn).
• Bachelor degree or an advanced degree (Master, PhD) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
• Experience using tensorflow, pytorch or the Microsoft cognitive toolkit (CNTK).
• Experience using Microsoft HPC, Spark or Hadoop.
• Experience using Docker.
• Experience in building web services and Azure technologies.
We welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.