Highly preferred candidate requirements:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent, M.S. a plus
- 3 years developing software for the Rails platform
- Proficient in Ruby, CoffeeScript, RESTful APIs, MySQL
- Competent in web service technologies/ideologies
- Strong communication skills, able to clearly articulate, defend and document design decisions and work with a distributed team
- Interest and aptitude for understanding the business models that drive the company
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.