It takes ALL of us to do what we do at a world-class level, but it’s the insights, data and subject matter expertise our Senior Sales Analyst brings to the table that makes us a long-standing leader in the larger Pet Care Category. We give you the high charge of integrating customer business plans, proactively uncovering opportunities across the marketplace, developing optimal 4P KPIs, and driving influence over strategy recommendations across the Purina Pet Care Category. You’ll be supported by a larger team – The Purina Sales Team – a bold name for our Sales department. You’ll partner closely with the Director of Sales and Category Analytics to grow the category in ways that will challenge you to think outside of what sits on the retail shelf. Your collective experiences at Purina will far surpass your achievements in growing sales.
The Senior Sales Analyst will lead customer and channel analytics for the sales organization to identify key insights, develop and track KPI’s, and identify market solutions that drive growth for the category. The Sr. Sales Analyst role offers organizational opportunities and cross-functional experiences that will diversify your knowledge, insight and your background. So, if your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the mix?
- Proactively uncovers opportunities and threats across marketplace, category, channel and species responsibilities to generate actionable solutions for market growth
- Provides recommendations to the sales organization on optimal 4P KPI identification and reporting
- Provides reporting and insight on organizational initiatives and new item performance
- Develops reporting and insights using a variety of tools
- Displays exceptional analytic thought process and root cause analytics
- Capable of creating strong, persuasive selling stories to enable NPP to influence retailer strategy
- Displays mastery of analytic tools including but not limited to Nielsen, Spectra, Drivers, Price Explorer, LTA, etc.
- Provides actionable insights on competitive market activity and market impact analytics
- Provides customized solutions for 4P, best practice & planning deployment
- Collaborates with Senior Distribution Analyst on shelf/distribution KPI’s/needs/etc
Travel up to 30% or as business needs require.
Perform all other duties as required
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
Experience (Years/Type): 3+years of experience with business analytics required.
Advanced Experience in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Syndicated Data, and SAP Business Objects preferred.
Skills: Project Management / Resource Allocation skills
- Translate data to insights and solutions
- Networking skills
- Business development skills
- Change Management skills
- Financial Management skills
- Data analysis and PC Skills (in-depth knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
#LI-NC Saint Louis St. Louis
A little about us:
We aim to make discoveries that better the lives of pets everywhere through the highest-quality production of pet food, snacks and litter. Pets are our passion. Safety is our promise. Progress is our pledge.