Senior Sales Consultant (Pre-Sales) - Oracle Direct
A Senior Sales Consultant (SC) creates and facilitates optimal solutions and sales strategies for prospective clients. A Senior Sales Consultant is expected to develop specific areas of expertise in addition to maintaining broad product knowledge
Position Location: United States, preferably the Washington DC area.
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for:
• Meeting with prospective customers to discover their specific business needs and determine the most appropriate Oracle product solution and sales strategy.
• Facilitating the clients' understanding of an Oracle solution through high quality web based presentations
• Providing thought leadership and innovation that competitively positions Oracle solutions and product demonstrations.
• Providing training to the Sales Representatives and colleague Sales Consultants about your product areas.
• Influencing future product development through feedback gained in sales cycles and customer meetings.
• Excellent communication skills are required
• Approximate percentage of interaction with customers is 60%.
• Amount of travel is approximately 25%.
• BS or BA degree
• 5 years business experience
• Previous applications experience using Oracle or other related products
• Ability to articulate a value-based proposition of Oracle products
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven analytical, time-management and problem solving skills
• Strong relationship building skills and overall comprehension of sales cycle
As part of Oracle's U.S. employment process, candidates will be required to complete a background check, prior to an offer extended. These background checks include: Prior Employment Verification, Education Verification, Social Security Trace, Criminal Background Check, and Motor Vehicles Records (where required for position)
Oracle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The primary focus of a Sales Consultant (Pre-sales) is to become an expert in a core set of Oracle products and solutions and to present the value proposition and benefits of our solutions to our partners, prospects and customers and internally to our sales force
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision, through on-line/in person sales efforts. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Internet Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships. Support sales team in online/in-person selling efforts with minimal supervision. Develop and deliver proposed solution to customers. Approximate percentage of face to face interaction with customers to perform responsibilities is 10%
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.