Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
We are recruiting a Senior Catering Sales Manager to join our team at the Anaheim Convention Center operation. Position Summary:
The Senior Sales Manager exercises managerial oversight of a team of salaried Sales Managers, while maintaining accountability for the full cycle of sales activity for key clients. The Senior Sales Manager will serve as a liaison between the client and company. The position will proactively drive group and local business through telemarketing, taste panels, site visits, fax blitzes, e-mail blitzes, exhibitor services marketing programs, networking at industry events, outside sales solicitation (where permitted by convention center policy), in an assigned market. In concert with the client's sales team's activities, drive individual and group sales goals. Responsibilities:
- Managerial oversight of a team of salaried, direct reports - mentoring, development, goal setting, coaching and overall leadership.
- Work directly with high-profile event contacts to ensure seamless booking and high caliber execution of food and beverage services, events and all other related activity.
- Manage a workload that generates $4-6 million in annual revenue.
- Serve as liaison between client and company, preserving, building and growing existing relationship.
- Effectively identifies the accurate revenue contribution each group/ or local business opportunity contributes to top line sales - does so in accordance with guidelines set forth by the company via the ERA/SPR. Follows up with each group, in accordance with identified timelines, to ensure accurate revenue re-projections.
- Communicates and implements all ARAMARK policies, credit procedures, guidelines, standards and contractual obligations with customers at our accounts to ensure compliance with these policies.
- Coordinates all event pre-planning details to enable the successful completion of events as assigned by the Director of Sales including conventions, trade shows, public shows and local events.
- Is capable of executing work in a timely fashion in accordance with common technological practices - via e-mail, word, excel, proprietary catering software and other standard software programs.
- Ensures the accurate and timely distribution of event information via event order contracts enabling operations execution of events to the customer's satisfaction. Ensures event changes are communicated in a timely manner and to all affected departments. Troubleshoots customer issues and provides suggestions for resolution.
- Introduces customers to operations to ensure smooth transitions from sales to operations.
- Reviews all account billings to ensure all chargeable items are correctly posted to the customer's account.
- Resolves any billing disputes with Director of Sales and General Manager's approval.
- Follows up with customer to ensure satisfaction with event execution and re-solicitation.
- Contributes to sales and marketing plans as assigned by the Director of Sales. Executes efforts against these plans to ensure top line growth and profitability. Maintains mature, professional, business-based demeanor in interactions with guests (both internal and external), clients and city partners.
- Documents the outcome and follow-up strategies for each solicitation to gain new/additional business.
- Complies with ARAMARK's Business Conduct Policies.
- Attends monthly Industry Association and Convention and Visitors Bureau events as well as community social events to develop business for the account.
- Performs the job proactively with the "WEST" and GROW philosophies on a daily basis.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5-7 years' experience as a Sales Manager in a high volume convention center, hotel or other like environment required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing tasks and prioritize work in a fast paced, high volume environment required.
- Demonstrated pattern of sourcing and securing new business, growing existing business and maintaining equitable client relationships required.
- Must be able to work an event-based schedule that includes days, nights, weekends and holidays.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.