Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Senior Director, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Scientific Director will serve multiple roles within the Oncology Hematology Disease Area Stronghold (DAS). The Hematological Malignancies Translational Research group is responsible for all clinical biomarker and translational medicine strategies for compounds in development within the Oncology pipelines. In addition, the Translational Research group also covers disease biology for the indications of interest for the Oncology TA. For the Hematological Malignancies group, key areas of interest include Diffuse B cell lymphoma, myeloma, mantle cell lymphoma, AML and MDS. The Senior Scientific Director will also be responsible for:
- Oversees and manages the translational strategy and implementation for the Hematological Malignancies group.
- Ensures the planning and execution of discovery and validation of predictive, prognostic, safety, and disease biomarkers
- Oversees the management of a Translational research budget to support biomarker discovery and validation studies as well as supporting analysis of clinical samples
- Drives and leads the development of Companion Diagnostics in the cases where they are needed for clinical programs
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with internal functional groups, external academic research groups and CROS to facilitate the implementation of Translational Research strategies in Clinical trials.
- Leading collaborations and projects with external leaders in the hematology oncology field
- Manages a team of staff including scientists, TR leaders, laboratory technicians, operational leads, computational biologists
- Regular reporting of biomarker data to Oncology senior management.
- Responsibility for the biomarker sections in Clinical protocols, Investigator Brochures, Compound Development Plans generation of Clinical Study Report
- Managing the outstanding or in-house coordination of proposed analysis within clinical trials.
- Compliance and meeting projected timelines for project deliverables (e.g. protocol outlines, protocols, informed consent, strategy documents, analysis reports, etc.)
- Responsibility for resource planning for proposed projects.
Ph.D. or an M.D./Ph.D. in Molecular Biology or related field with at least 8 years of applicable biomarker, translational research, program management, clinical trial and/or research experience is required
Strong background in tumor biology, project management, and laboratory management is required
Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry research experience is required
Previous Immune oncology experience is preferred
Hematology experience is preferred
Clinical biomarker experience is preferred
Previous supervisory/management experience is required
The candidate will have a strong publication record demonstrating relevant experience in clinical trials, translational medicine/research, early drug development, drug discovery and/or biomarkers
- Sufficient experience in drug discovery and/or early development to represent a diverse TR group on a compound development team (CDT) and to communicate goals and deliverables to senior management and governance committees throughout J&J
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.