Senior Scientist, Analytical Technology Transfer
Why You?Basic qualifications:
The Analytical Technology Transfer and Validations team has positions open at the Senior Scientist level. This team is responsible for the coordination, design, execution and oversight of analytical method transfers and validation requirements to support all phases of biopharmaceutical pre-clinical development through commercial release. These positions do not involve routine hands on laboratory bench work, and focus on the overall management of the analytical technology transfer, validation and related activities.
• Bachelor's degree in the biosciences (such as microbiology, biochemistry, chemistry or biology)
• Minimum of 5 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry in an analytical, quality or technical function
• Demonstrated strong working knowledge of instrumental analytical methods in a GMP environment
• Experience in the use and application of USP, EP and ICH guidelines relative to analytical method qualification (fit for use), validation and methods transfer
• Industry experience with GMP testing in a team based laboratory environment using biopharmaceutical associated analytical methods (e.g. Capillary Gel Electrophoresis, Capillary Isoelectric Focusing, SEC/CEX-HPLC, UV/VIS, Bioassay)
• Familiarity with regulatory requirements and expectations as they relate to specification development and participation in the regulatory submission processes is also preferable.
• Good communication skills and experience in working within a team or matrix environment is essential.
• Occasional domestic or international travel required.
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.