Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist with direct, hands-on experience in mammalian expression systems to join the Protein Sciences group in the Biologics Discovery group at MRL Boston. Responsibilities include the expression of recombinant proteins and biologic reagents including antibodies, antibody scaffolds (e.g. Fc-fusions, bispecific antibodies, domain antibodies), non-antibody proteins and membrane proteins (e.g. GPCR, ion channels, etc.) in transient and stable mammalian cell lines to support the preclinical development of biopharmaceutical programs across multiple therapeutic areas. Qualifications:
- PhD with a minimum of 2 years of related experience or a MS with a minimum of 4 years of related experience or BS/BA with 7 years of related experience in cell biology, immunology, biochemistry or a related discipline of relevant experience in antibody discovery.
- Hands on experience in mammalian cell culture within a BSL-2 environment
- Experience in antibody generation in transient transfections of HEK and CHO cells at various scales
- Experience in developing stable cell pools and clones for both secreted and membrane-bound proteins
- Experience with automated liquid handling system is preferred
- Hands-on experience and technical expertise in molecular biology techniques, including PCR, cloning, DNA and RNA purification, SDS-PAGE and Western Blot
- Familiarity with key bioinformatics tools
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in leading cross functional biologics discovery projects preferred
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry is expected
- Experience in antibody engineering and optimization
- Experience in supporting biologics programs from target validation to preclinical candidate selection.
- Experience with external vendors and collaborators in a fee-for-service and/or co-development capacity
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement