Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The new Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular pharmacology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
The Screening department within Lead Discovery is responsible for the delivery of small-molecule qualified hits for the initiation of hit-to-lead programs within the Therapeutic Areas. Major activities include HTS assay development, screening, and pharmacological profiling. The Screening Team collaborates closely with Janssen Therapeutic Areas and functional teams, the Innovation Centers, and external collaborators in academia and industry. We seek individuals with a strong ability to connect key stake holders for the delivery of goals and objectives, fostering an environment of collaboration, collegiality and positive communication, and who show superior performance in the context of a multidisciplinary, geographically disperse team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the design and implementation of screening strategies that reflect the pharmacology to be modulated in subsequent hit-to-lead discovery programs.
Provide scientific leadership to a team that (1) develops biochemical or biophysical assays such for screening and hit validation (2) executes assays to validate HTS hits (3) analyzes data including presentation at program team meetings.
Hands-on laboratory work is expected.
- Provide mentoring and career development leadership to direct reports and others within the department as appropriate.
- Collaborate across multiple therapeutic and functional areas in the US, Europe and Asia.
Develop innovative approaches to hit triage and fragment screening including evaluation of new technologies.Attend in-house seminars and external scientific meetings as appropriate.
- Manage external collaborations.
- Publish research in high-quality journals as appropriate.
- PhD in biochemistry, biophysics, cell biology, molecular biology or related areas is required
- Postdoctoral experience is preferred
- At least 4 years of industry experience in assay development for the characterization of small-molecule interactions with proteins is required
- Expertise with assay development using biochemical and/or biophysical methods is required
- Expertise with biochemical methods such as FP, HTRF, luminescence and SPA OR an expertise with biophysical methods such as SPR, thermophoresis, ITC and mass spectrometry is required
- Fragment screening experience is preferred
- Hit triage experience is preferred
Previous leadership experience (supervising, coaching, mentoring, leading projects) is required
Publications in high-quality peer-reviewed journals are required
- Expertise in cardiovascular, immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience or oncology therapeutic areas is preferred
- Experience working with and guiding external collaborators in industry or academia is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.